BI warns foreigners- Not exempt to ECQ

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

He went way over the top but I doubt many people would be happy if the police came and fined their maid for watering the plants in the garden without a mask. 

I don't think there is ever a good reason to 'go over the top' with Police, no matter what country you're in, it never helps and most times just makes the situation worse.

He's totally entitled to disagree with a fine (politely), he's totally entitled to contest the fine (with a superior or via an attourney) but screaming in the face of Police is 'cutting your nose off to spite your face' as the saying goes.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I don't think there is ever a good reason to 'go over the top' with Police, no matter what country you're in, it never helps and most times just makes the situation worse.

He's totally entitled to disagree with a fine (politely), he's totally entitled to contest the fine (with a superior or via an attourney) but screaming in the face of Police is 'cutting your nose off to spite your face' as the saying goes.

If he had any common sense at all (not).  After getting sober he would have issued a public apology, said the police were doing their job, and he overreacted because he had been drinking.  Instead he has made the situation worse by blaming the police and saying he will file a lawsuit.   At least this one is not an "ugly American".  :popcorn:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Mike J said:

At least this one is not an "ugly American". 

Agreed!

However he still casts a bad light on foreigners, perhaps - certainly not helpful for anyone seeking visas.

But the worst thing, in my opinion, is that this nitwit and his selfish behaviour reinforces the "powers that be" to keep alcohol sales locked down

• Like 4

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Agreed!

However he still casts a bad light on foreigners, perhaps - certainly not helpful for anyone seeking visas.

But the worst thing, in my opinion, is that this nitwit and his selfish behaviour reinforces the "powers that be" to keep alcohol sales locked down

Is there a lock down on alcohol in your area? Here also but it can be  purchased at a higher price.  

jimeve
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Is there a lock down on alcohol in your area? Here also but it can be  purchased at a higher price.  

My local sari sari store sells Red Horse @ 710 pesos a case, before the lock down 600 a case.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

350 mil  bottle of Ginebra here... formerly p55. Now p150...under the counter.  

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Yeah... total alcohol ban here. We haven't actually checked for over a week since we had a nice stash. Still have a couple of SMLs but no more Tanduay.:SugarwareZ-034:

At that time, nothing available at any price. Davao City is very strict with lockdown and I can say that I appreciate the discipline. Even Duterte's grandson was busted in a mall without a mask before the ECQ took effect. At the time he made an "alibi," or excuse, but it was not accepted. He later made a public apology.

Yesterday , in the local news, a few younger teenagers were out cruising around without passes or reason to be out and were caught. The police made them do 50 pushups as penalty.:AddEmoticons04230: Imagine the humiliation factor (loss of face) that would also entail!

But we will try again maybe later today or tomorrow in our search for intoxicants in the local sari sari stores...

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

In my area, yes.But...

I can get San Mig  light for 60php a bottle - previously 42php.  Red Horse 500ml is 75php - before 55php.  I don't mind paying the pemium as someone is breaking the law and taking the risk.  I do worry about what will happen to the prices when the ban stops - how quickly and how much will it come down?

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

1 Litre bottle of Emperador which I don't normally buy. P350. Might have to go on the wagon for a bit.:Mad:

• Sad 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted

Alright so we MUST wear a mask if we step one foot into a public area and yell at all those who don't follow the law  BUT it's all AOK to break the liquor ban?

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic