So much for the "Swedish way"!

adrian canuck
Posted
Posted
On 6/9/2020 at 9:50 PM, hk blues said:

Sorry If I seem abrupt but I do get irritated when people say lockdowns are a waste of time and anyone who is not old or sick is safe.  It's just not true. Even if only 1% of those who have died weren't in the old/sick category that would amount to 4,000 people - not a small number in my book. 

So you would rip up all the hiways to stop driving fatalities ? 1.35 million die every year.

Life is inherently fraught with peril.

But locking down the economy, forcing people to take completely unreasonable precautions for very little gain is crazy.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 6/10/2020 at 9:25 AM, GeoffH said:

Britain is also an island.. they could have locked down at the same time as NZ.

They both are islands but New Zealand has a much smaller population, is more remote than the UK which has the chunnel to Europe and I expect the UK has a great deal more international travel than New Zealand. My point is that what works in one place may not work in another.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

After reading this morning's news, I believe there will be joy spread to some members here. Now that the USA and other countries have "opened up" after lock downs, the number of infections and hospitalizations has skyrocketed. So... now we will see and follow the wisdom of letting everyone roam free without restraints?

L and I will continue to stay at home with limited excursions outside. Good luck to all who prefer "freedom" or "liberty" to death...

• Sad 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Now that the USA and other countries have "opened up" after lock downs, the number of infections and hospitalizations has skyrocketed

Link?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Good question, Dave... I cannot find any from this morning other than this one... so far... I am referring to many headlines I saw yesterday. Maybe everyone is relaxed again today and see the up-ticks in infections, hospitalizations, deaths, etc... in stride?

But I just woke up and am enjoying my "royal coffee," coffee, black, but with a shot of Tanduay...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/florida-reports-highest-single-day-total-of-coronavirus-cases/ar-BB15magA?li=BBnbcA1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Link?

Dr John Campbell mentioned that they'd increased in a video in his 'World Update Video 12 June 2020'.  It's a bit long but the USA information is between the 10 minute and 15 minute points. 

He didn't say 'sky rocketed' he said increased and said "partly because changes to lockdown and partly because of the riots and protests".  He also said that in Arizona 11 hospital ICU units were now full which isn't a good sign.

I'm sure some people won't like that this information is 'second hand' but I wanted to point out that it isn't just Tommy saying this and there is information from a respected 'source' saying similar things.

Feel free to watch the relevant Dr John video 

RBM
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, jimeve said:

New Zealand did everything correct, the Brits did everything wrong.

To throw a little more spice in the mix take a look at Belarus, 0.5% mortality rate....half as deadly as their flu. No lock down.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

To throw a little more spice in the mix take a look at Belarus, 0.5% mortality rate....half as deadly as their flu. No lock down.

The leader of Belarus is a Covid denier, like the leader of Brazil.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/belarus-life-normal-ravaging-coronavirus-epidemic-200507104734893.html

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Where I live we locked down for 3 months and had more deaths due to drug overdoses in one month than all covid deaths in the 3 months

https://nanaimonewsnow.com/2020/06/11/may-deadliest-month-ever-for-fatal-overdoses-on-vancouver-island/

• Sad 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic