Vaccine

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Yeochief said:

Everyone has there opinion about getting the vaccine.  Just like the flu vaccine, people still get it.  The vaccine is only 95%, if you believe the experts.  So if you are lucky 5 out of 100 will still get COVID 19.  Can you still get COVID 19 once you had the vaccine and not show any signs and pass it onto others?  My thoughts is that if you get the vaccine, you are a human lab rat.  New normal is wearing mask and face shields when in public.

Maybe the lab rats are the ones 100% opposed to the vaccine. I'm not fully keen myself on getting it but if need must I will use as much information as I can to pick what hopefully is the best one.  I have enough faith in the true experts that work in the development of the vaccine as they are literaly seeing things through a microscope where as the public are getting a lot of political opinions and third hand information. 

I have friends that work in the parmaceutical companies developing new medicines and although what they are doing is highly guarded they assure me with today's technological advances any problems are so rare as to be hard to pin point down to a vaccine.  An example they say is some people are allergic to sunlight and even certain vitamins.  Having a few of those amongst test samples could skew result.   

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Yeochief said:

The vaccine is only 95%, if you believe the experts.

Interesting choice of words.  If you "only" had a 95% chance of winning a life changing lottery, would you buy a ticket? :whistling:

• Like 5

Terry P
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

Interesting choice of words.  If you "only" had a 95% chance of winning a life changing lottery, would you buy a ticket? :whistling:

Of The 5% who don't get the jackpot most do recieve a substantial consolation prize for having taken part

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Yeochief said:

The vaccine is only 95%, if you believe the experts.  So if you are lucky 5 out of 100 will still get COVID 19.  Can you still get COVID 19 once you had the vaccine and not show any signs and pass it onto others? 

The western RNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) are over 90% efficacious (92% and 94% from memory) but their studies show that both were 100% effective in preventing serious disease once people had had both shots.  That is too say even in the small minority who did catch Covid none developed serious (hospital level) infections.

So they might only be 90%+ at stopping you from catching it but they're 100% at stopping you from ending up in hospital.  That might not be good enough for you (and that's your choice as it should be) but it's certainly enough to convince me.

As to the question of whether a person from that minority group who were vaccinated and then caught Covid could pass on the disease; well the jury is still out on that one but some experts hypothisize that even if some can that they will be less infectious than they would have been due to the smaller amounts of virus in their bodies.

We'll know more about that in a couple of months I expect.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Joey G said:

We can't ask any of the people who had died from it, if they would have taken it.... my guess is more than 95% of their family survivors wish they had the chance to take it.

I'd also guess more than 95% of those who survived, but were hospitalized for weeks/months, or have lingering after effects, would say... " I would have taken it given the chance",  as well. They should do a statistic on that... 

I actually have gotten the vaccine... I'm sure I've done more harm to my body in 65+ years of youthful ignorance than this will do.

This as compelling an argument as can be made IMO.

• Like 3

Ozzyboy
Posted
Posted
On 11/23/2020 at 11:59 AM, GeoffH said:

The supply of free vaccines is limited and will be administered to 'high priority categories' (in Australia that's been said to be health care workers and then seniors and those with comorbidities).

However (despite the issue being skirted around by media groups) vaccines will for sale on the general market outside of government supplies and I'd guess airlines and 'pay' vaccine providers will come to arrangements to allow potential passengers to be vaccinated (not initially of course, but some time later down the track).

Astra Zenica is one of the only 'non-profits' to be in the leading group, the others are all expecting to make money out of the vaccine (not that I'm saying there is anything immoral about that in and of itself but it does lend itself to for profit arranagements with groups like airlines not just governments).

I'm happy to have read your post, i'm currently stuck in Portugal (by choice) and after reading and researching about all the vaccines the only one i will trust is the Russian one followed by the Chinese one (i kid you not) if i have to pay to get the Russian vaccine, then i will, if anyone knows how or where to get it please let me know.

Terry P
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Ozzyboy said:

I'm happy to have read your post, i'm currently stuck in Portugal (by choice) and after reading and researching about all the vaccines the only one i will trust is the Russian one followed by the Chinese one (i kid you not) if i have to pay to get the Russian vaccine, then i will, if anyone knows how or where to get it please let me know.

Try the dark web

You can buy anything you want on there. Labels look good anyway

• Love it 1
  • Haha 3

Explorer
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Ozzyboy said:

I think you are on to something, personally I am not planning to take any vaccine but if push come to shove I will consider taking the traditional protein vaccines over the new experimental mRNA vaccines. Especially in remote barangay locations, it is easy to put a needle in my arm and inject this mRNA stuff but can you fix me if something goes wrong and the nearest hospital is hours away?

Es-58biWMAIRlwZ.jpgEs-58biXIAAd_Uf.jpgEs-58biXIAM37BU.jpgEs-58bkXUAAqXi9.jpg

Terry P
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Explorer said:

I think you are on to something, personally I am not planning to take any vaccine but if push come to shove I will consider taking the traditional protein vaccines over the new experimental mRNA vaccines. Especially in remote barangay locations, it is easy to put a needle in my arm and inject this mRNA stuff but can you fix me if something goes wrong and the nearest hospital is hours away?

Es-58biWMAIRlwZ.jpgEs-58biXIAAd_Uf.jpgEs-58biXIAM37BU.jpgEs-58bkXUAAqXi9.jpg

Seems to be a tweet I think of someone I think it's one. somewhere claiming they had a severe reaction to a jab. Can't really make it out it's too blurred.

However.

A statement this time from the good old US of A

CDC director Dr Rochelle Walensky refers to anaphylactic reactions to the Vaccines that's the so called experimental Pfizer and moderna to be specific.

There are between 2.1 and 6.1 per million anaphylactic reactions all of which have treatable outcomes

USA are administering 1.6 million jabs per day right now. Seems the picture is becoming a lot clearer now. Even to the most ardent  Vaccine denial advocates.

There will be the few who will call it fake news to cover up their failure but you can't please everyone

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic