No wonder Philippines has a diabetes problem

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

We invested in a Onetouch testing device, so far so good in that it has 3 colours on the result of the test , to date we have been in the green zone as being in range, but here is the thing with this that our doctor says that we should be having a reading of 90 to date we have been having results of 110 to 115. This is after me giving up beer and both of us off the bread, giving up bananas is the hardest thing.

A word of warning to anyone that has a partner that goes off rice cold turkey, the moods she gets in is unbearable, luckily I have vodka with apple and cranberry juice to keep me sane.

We are both loosing weight though which is a good thing.

Today is our cheat day so off to a restaurant for some fish and salad.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2023 at 7:21 PM, GeoffH said:

Enough blood that the blood is sucked (by capillery action) through and into the replacable stick, try to get it on the end of the stick, not on top of it.

Finally tried the cheapie cheapie tester today after 15 hours fasting.  The tip sucked it right in.  Amazing they have nothing in the instructions about that.  My reading was 97.  The highest I ever had was 115 in 2021 when I weighed a lot.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 3
  • Love it 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

My reading was 97.

I am envious.  The only time I ever see 97 these days is when my glucose is crashing and 97 is a step on the way down.  Congrats.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am envious.  The only time I ever see 97 these days is when my glucose is crashing and 97 is a step on the way down.  Congrats.

Are you type 2?  If so, I believe you can reverse it.  Most doctors won't tell you that.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I believe you can reverse it

Thanks for the video.  I could not give up sugar and carbs.  I've tried and the cravings keep me up at night.  But if that works for you then you have earned your low glucose count.

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

With the BS from doctors and supposedly the professionals in the field. 

What   numbers should I be aiming for?

Joe LP
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

When I first became diabetic I was told to aim for a target within 80-120.

20 plus years later, they moved my target to 90-140.  If I feel a sugar in the 70's and 80's it feels low now and makes me a touch weak.  Use to be anything above 70 did nothing to affect me.  I could "feel it" but it didn't affect me negatively in any way.  

It really comes down to your age, and what the doctor decides.  Try and find a good endocrinologist.  Probably need to stay in a big city to find one at all here in the Phils.  Where I live there is only a doctor of internal medicine that locally passes as the doctor for diabetics.  I stills stay in touch with my diabetic nurse and endocrinologist via calls on magic jack but only about once every couple years. Report my sugar levels and diet and am able to use their suggestions to keep things working good.  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

I really think this is a question better asked of your doctor.  

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I really think this is a question better asked of your doctor.  

Yes I agree so I will do just that the next time I am in Australia.

• Like 1