Welcome To The Philippines Forum Get Together's

Candyman
Posted
Posted

Has anyone got any plans for a get together during April?? We will arrive in Cebu on the 28th of this month so we will miss the 14th march get together, but we could be interested in meeting up with other members while we are there. We depart for home on the 10th May. A lot of our time will be spent travelling around and visiting other islands, but i am sure if we knew beforehand, we could work our itinery around it. Thankyou.

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

I think I'll be there - but need to break up around 1900 to get at good seat for Manu-Liverpool at Badger's. Cheers,Panserhansen

Markham
Posted
Posted
I think I'll be there - but need to break up around 1900 to get at good seat for Manu-Liverpool at Badger's. Cheers,Panserhansen
I am sure the barman at Sand Trap will tune the big screen TV to Star Sports for you!

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted
I am sure the barman at Sand Trap will tune the big screen TV to Star Sports for you!
Hi Markham, sure he would - but I like sound too, and there will probably be music playing at Sand Trap. I don't want to be a partycrusher. Wayne at Badger's has also promised to keep the live band off the stage during the game. I'm also interested in gathering a regular football crowd in order to have Badger's open when the 1/4 finals in CL starts off. I'll contact the supporters at Badgers(also the koreans), we need at least 10 beer-drinking supporters for him to open for the games. If you know of anyone interested in watching the games live at 0345 at Badger's, please let me know. The englishmen I've met so far are not living up to the fan's standard as the fellows I've met on my several trips to Anfield :-)Walk on,Panserhansen

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Has anyone got any plans for a get together during April?? We will arrive in Cebu on the 28th of this month so we will miss the 14th march get together, but we could be interested in meeting up with other members while we are there. We depart for home on the 10th May. A lot of our time will be spent travelling around and visiting other islands, but i am sure if we knew beforehand, we could work our itinery around it. Thankyou.
Hi Candyman, so far I do not know of any definite get togethers fitting that time frame but I would be happy to have coffee with you and do my best to answer any questions or steer you in the correct direction. We will have a tentative get together on April 25th but that will only be if some interest is shown by people. So far it seems that the majority of expats and tourists would rather go their own ways and not meet up with other expats. To each his or her own. :rolleyes: Feel free to send me a pm and I will do my best to hook up with you while you are here in Cebu and at your convenience but we do plan on being in Mindanao possibly the first week or so of April.

Markham
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hi Markham, sure he would - but I like sound too, and there will probably be music playing at Sand Trap. I don't want to be a partycrusher. Wayne at Badger's has also promised to keep the live band off the stage during the game. I'm also interested in gathering a regular football crowd in order to have Badger's open when the 1/4 finals in CL starts off. I'll contact the supporters at Badgers(also the koreans), we need at least 10 beer-drinking supporters for him to open for the games. If you know of anyone interested in watching the games live at 0345 at Badger's, please let me know. The englishmen I've met so far are not living up to the fan's standard as the fellows I've met on my several trips to Anfield :-)Walk on,Panserhansen
Live music at Sand Trap? Not on any of the many times I've been there! Oh and not all English people are football fans, many of us prefer rugby to that woos' game! Edited by Markham

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted
Live music at Sand Trap? Not on any of the many times I've been there! Oh and not all English people are football fans, many of us prefer rugby to that woos' game!
Not neccessary live music, but music. I know there are a lot of brits preferring the easy way grabbing the balls by the hands, and according to my experience in Cebu they must be outnumbering the football fans. That's why I intend to gather the ones sharing my addiction.Walk on,Panserhansen

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
Live music at Sand Trap? Not on any of the many times I've been there! Oh and not all English people are football fans, many of us prefer rugby to that woos' game!
Not neccessary live music, but music. I know there are a lot of brits preferring the easy way grabbing the balls by the hands, and according to my experience in Cebu they must be outnumbering the football fans. That's why I intend to gather the ones sharing my addiction.Walk on,Panserhansen
Any music at the Sand Trap is very much background, very low, and is turned off if there is a sporting event on the big screen

Markham
Posted
Posted
That's because rugby is a man's game! Personally, the idea of 22 overpaid prima donas cavorting around a field, hugging and kissing each other whenever they connect ball with boot, is not sport - it's a love-in!It's OK Lars, I'm just pissed-off by the total absence of 6 Nations Rugby on Star this weekend.Mark

Markham
Posted
Posted
Any music at the Sand Trap is very much background, very low, and is turned off if there is a sporting event on the big screen
The only music at the Sand Trap is the distinctive "pffft" as yet another cap is removed from a bottle of SM! A simple enough piece but one that gets plenty of encores!!!