Welcome To The Philippines Forum Get Together's

Markham
Posted
Posted
Do bars and restaurants allow smoking, I have not been to any that allowed it so far and if I do I will just leave. Smoking is a dirty disgusting habit and if people want to kill themselves then that is OK with me but why do they insist on trying to kill others around them that they supposedly love with their second hand smoke. The other day I watched a lovely Filipina with a white man who was smoking and she turned her face away and made a face and I had to wonder why she was with that guy, his mouth must taste like hell, because I dated a few ladies who smoked and I dumped them as soon as I had to taste their disgusting mouths.
Many/most bars do allow smoking but, in general, restaurants don't (except in cases such as the Golden Cowrie, Lahug, where there are tables outside).
If I can come to one of your meeting I would only go if it were in a non smoking place. People can smoke if they wish to kill themselves but I do not need to breath that and if they made cigs that you did not exhale that would be fine with me.
As many/most of the Expats who attend such events are in fact smokers (I believe Mike Morey and Lee were the only non-smokers at Saturday's bash) a smoking venue is, perhaps, preferable. However we are cognisant of the fact that many of the girls - and a few of the guys - don't smoke, so we try to suggest places that cater for both in a fair degree of comfort.Attendance is, of course, entirely up to you.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
If I can come to one of your meeting I would only go if it were in a non smoking place.
That settles it. Badgers it is. :th_thimage_265775:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
As many/most of the Expats who attend such events are in fact smokers (I believe Mike Morey and Lee were the only non-smokers at Saturday's bash) a smoking venue is, perhaps, preferable. However we are cognisant of the fact that many of the girls - and a few of the guys - don't smoke, so we try to suggest places that cater for both in a fair degree of comfort.Attendance is, of course, entirely up to you.
Let us not forget that most if not all of our ladies do not smoke either........ and my wife really had a hard time with all the smoke in Badgers, I wish they had smoke eaters there or if they do, I wish they would turn them on..... Guys, I am at a loss here and I think unless there can be a consensus of where to have the get together, maybe I should just drop them and get together with those of you who wish to go out on occasion? I was just trying to promote friendship among those of us who live here and possibly let those who visit meet and talk with those who live here. To those of you who smoke, do you not go to the malls once in a while and I know the malls do not allow smoking, so what do you do when there? You must refrain from smoking while in those malls for a little while? You will have to excuse my ignorance because I never smoked cigarettes although I used to enjoy a pipe when younger and a good cigar while in my 40's, and 50's on occasion, so I guess I just do not understand an addiction that requires continual application (chain smoking with no break).......I guess that is what we must be talking about when people do not wish to attend a place like Phats? For me, it really does not matter where we meet because it is the camaraderie that counts and not the place. .....Maybe someone can come up with a place that will make everyone happy, before the date I set? Badgers seems to have the best happy hour and Sand Trap is out doors but that would not be good if it rains and the small inside would not work well if a lot of people show up....I am also concerned with an outside place because of Dengue and I would not want to be responsible for anyone catching that because I set up a meet.....I guess it is up to those of you who live here if you want a get together or just want to skip it?? So far we have Badgers and Sandtrap as suggestions, any other suggestions? Or maybe we can set aside a non smoking area in Badgers??? I would not mind all the ladies hanging out with my wife and me. SugarwareZ-005.gif

Markham
Posted
Posted
Let us not forget that most if not all of our ladies do not smoke either........ and my wife really had a hard time with all the smoke in Badgers, I wish they had smoke eaters there or if they do, I wish they would turn them on..... Guys, I am at a loss here and I think unless there can be a consensus of where to have the get together, maybe I should just drop them and get together with those of you who wish to go out on occasion? I was just trying to promote friendship among those of us who live here and possibly let those who visit meet and talk with those who live here. To those of you who smoke, do you not go to the malls once in a while and I know the malls do not allow smoking, so what do you do when there? You must refrain from smoking while in those malls for a little while? You will have to excuse my ignorance because I never smoked cigarettes although I used to enjoy a pipe when younger and a good cigar while in my 40's, and 50's on occasion, so I guess I just do not understand an addiction that requires continual application (chain smoking with no break).......I guess that is what we must be talking about when people do not wish to attend a place like Phats? For me, it really does not matter where we meet because it is the camaraderie that counts and not the place. .....Maybe someone can come up with a place that will make everyone happy, before the date I set? Badgers seems to have the best happy hour and Sand Trap is out doors but that would not be good if it rains and the small inside would not work well if a lot of people show up....I am also concerned with an outside place because of Dengue and I would not want to be responsible for anyone catching that because I set up a meet.....I guess it is up to those of you who live here if you want a get together or just want to skip it?? So far we have Badgers and Sandtrap as suggestions, any other suggestions? Or maybe we can set aside a non smoking area in Badgers??? I would not mind all the ladies hanging out with my wife and me. SugarwareZ-005.gif
Just a few points, Lee:Visiting a mall is a completely different circumstance to being in a bar with your mates and enjoying a few beers!I am sorry to hear that Nila felt uncomfortable in Badgers. Leah gets an allergic reaction to cigarette smoke and she told me afterwards that she felt fine and that she didn't notice the smoke.The Sand Trap, although outdoors, does have a roof over the bar and seating areas, so if it rains, there is no problem.As for Dengue, you're being a tad alarmist: I have been to the Sand Trap many times at varying times of the year, before, during and after rains and have never been bitten, nor have I heard of anyone being bitten there! But if that is something that concerns you, take a daily high dose (min 1000mg) of Vitamin C (as Sodium Ascorbate not Ascorbic Acid) and let your body's natural defences take care of it!Mark

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Just a few points, Lee:Visiting a mall is a completely different circumstance to being in a bar with your mates and enjoying a few beers!I am sorry to hear that Nila felt uncomfortable in Badgers. Leah gets an allergic reaction to cigarette smoke and she told me afterwards that she felt fine and that she didn't notice the smoke.The Sand Trap, although outdoors, does have a roof over the bar and seating areas, so if it rains, there is no problem.As for Dengue, you're being a tad alarmist: I have been to the Sand Trap many times at varying times of the year, before, during and after rains and have never been bitten, nor have I heard of anyone being bitten there! But if that is something that concerns you, take a daily high dose (min 1000mg) of Vitamin C (as Sodium Ascorbate not Ascorbic Acid) and let your body's natural defences take care of it!Mark
Dengue or getting bit was not a concern for me, it was a concern for others who would attend. If you reread what I posted above "Dengue and I would not want to be responsible for anyone catching that because I set up a meet."Good to hear that Leah did not have a reaction but then again, she only came in toward the end and was not there the whole time as Nila was. Anyway, if everyone is happy with Sand Trap, and they have a covered area, I am all for it but now Bob said Badgers and although I think he was joking, he said earlier on that he likes the happy hour there. So it is Sand Trap unless we have a few who object??

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

OK guys and girls, since it is getting close and no one wants to make a solid decision, the Sand Trap it is on the 14th after 4PM and until everyone wants to leave. Everyone is invited to come and say hello to your fellow expats, visitors and locals. Hope to meet some of you there and to renew friendships with those of you that we already know.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

How to get to the Sand Trap. Hope to see you all Saturday the 14th of March 2009 starting at 4 PM or so and until whenever. http://www.the-sandtrap.com/ SugarwareZ-047.gif :th_thsmilies-29057: :7_4_17[1]: :cheers: :558: :559:

post-40-1236746867_thumb.png

Mik
Posted
Posted

Looks like a nice pool. Anyone going swimming?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Looks like a nice pool. Anyone going swimming?
I think they charge a couple of hundred pesos to swim in it, but it sure does look inviting. I guess we will decide when the time gets closer.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

bumpMyself and some other expats are getting together at the Sandtrap Cebu City this Saturday March 14th 2009 starting at 4 pm if anyone is interested in coming and meeting some fellow expats, locals or? Below is the link and map. http://www.the-sandtrap.com/ Click on the image to see the map

sandtrap.bmp

Edited by Mr. Lee