Welcome To The Philippines Forum Get Together's

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
We will be getting together tomorrow at Badgers Feb 21 starts at 4 PM and ends whenever we get done. No fees, just pay for what you want to eat or drink. My wife and I plan to stay until everyone leaves or we run out of energy. The last get together I arranged went on until pretty late and then some groups went off to another place and their get together continued on until the wee hours of the next morning, from what I was told. These get together's are all about just hanging out, meeting each other and getting to know each other and IMO knowing each other really makes the forums nicer places to hang out. Map, and how to get to Badgers http://www.badgerspub.net/Contact.htmHope to meet a lot of you and I hope some of the girlfriends and wives will come so my wife will not be the only wife there. See you Saturday.
OK all joking aside, tomorrow is the day for the meeting and I hope to meet many of you there. Edited by Mr. Lee

Markham
Posted
Posted
Do you guys know the song Delilah?
Bob, we'll play it - but you MUST be the singer.
Oh crikey, Bob an honourary Welshman now - lock up your sheep :lol:Mark

Markham
Posted
Posted (edited)
But since it's the rugby season, I'm hoping he'll oblige with a few verses of "Eskimo Nell" swiftly followed with the not-so-clean version of Smokey's "Alice" :1 (72):
Mark do you mean the song which after the statement that "for 24 years I've been living next door to Alice" is followed by the rhetorical question enquiring "who is this Alice person"?
You got it!Hmm, "Delilah", "Alice" - all you need to complete the set is "Maria" (Tony Christie) :lol:Mark Edited by Markham

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

It was great meeting those of you who we did not know, and it was great renewing friendships with those of you we already knew from years past. :) I think everyone had a great time and we look forward to doing it again soon. :1 (72): all for showing up and :lol: for the interest in doing it again soon. I will post the next date as soon as I have one set.

Edited by Mr. Lee

Mik
Posted
Posted

We had a nice time last night. Glad to get out of the compound sometimes and socialize. Badgers was a good choice. Hope to see you all again at the next one. :1 (72):

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK all, I am going to try to get other get together's going if anyone has interest? I think next time I would like it to be in a non smoking place because I am really having a hard time breathing today and had to use my inhaler a few times already this morning because of some health issues I have.Anyway, how does March 14th sound and does anyone have any interest in getting together in March on or about that date? because my wife and I will hopefully be in CDO the latter part of March. I am thinking maybe Phat Thursdays in BTC because there is no smoking but we could also do a place in Ayala if that is better for anyone who wants to come? My wife and I are open to suggestions??? Next, April 25th if anyone is interested. Place to be announced. And last before we head back to the states, May 16th if anyone is interested. Place to be announced I am always willing to adjust dates to fit the majorities schedule if we can, but I do not wish to interfere with the other forums boat trip which is usually on Sundays toward the end of the months. We hope to meet as many people as we can during our stay each year.

Edited by Mr. Lee

Markham
Posted
Posted
OK all, I am going to try to get other get together's going if anyone has interest? I think next time I would like it to be in a non smoking place because I am really having a hard time breathing today and had to use my inhaler a few times already this morning because of some health issues I have.
In that case I would chose somewhere like "The Sandtrap" whose bar is outside. You might be rather lonely at a non-smoking place as most of us old guys do smoke!Mark

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
OK all, I am going to try to get other get together's going if anyone has interest? I think next time I would like it to be in a non smoking place because I am really having a hard time breathing today and had to use my inhaler a few times already this morning because of some health issues I have.
In that case I would chose somewhere like "The Sandtrap" whose bar is outside. You might be rather lonely at a non-smoking place as most of us old guys do smoke!Mark
Hi Mark, it was a pleasure meeting you and your lady and we hope to see a lot more of you both in the future.I was not trying to insult or do away with the smokers but I felt that they could easily go outside and smoke and come back in...... Our last meeting at Phats went well and that is what all the smokers did and in fact Phats even had some tables outside under cover that some of the smokers migrated to and then came back in and out and some of us went outside and spent time with them there. I would hope that smokers would not feel that way and understand that normal non smokers sometimes have a hard time in smoke filled environments and people like myself who have breathing issues at times, seem to have even more problem in those situation...... I would sure hope you guys who smoke would understand that, but if going outside to smoke is a real issue or too much of an inconvenience for some, then we could move it to a place like Sand trap.... As I said, I am open to suggestions and I would like a place that could make everyone happy, if that is even possible to do. SugarwareZ-004.gif

Mik
Posted
Posted

Badgers was great. I am a non-smoker and try to avoid smoke but it wasn't so bad at Badgers. The ventilation must have been effective because the air wasn't thick with smoke although I did move occasionally to get upwind. I prefer Badgers over Phat Thursdays. I have never been to Sandtrap. How does that compare?

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

The food is a bit better at Badgers in my opinion and the hour daily happy hour is great. Sandtrap only has a two hour happy hour which I believe they moved to 6-8 pm from 4-6 pm. They have a swimming pool and tennis courts there so the majority of the business is done outside, but they do have a pub type room with a pool table.They had a web site, but it's not active anymore. http://ph.88db.com/ph/Services/Post_Detail.../?PostID=289799