Welcome To The Philippines Forum Get Together's

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
OK PhilIsles and TheMason, April 25th it is and all are welcome to show up too. The place will be announced. I am going to see how Badgers works out and I am open to other suggestions. We are looking forward to meeting you and your partners and anyone else who would like to join us. SugarwareZ-003.gif Mason, we are all cranky at times, me more than most. SugarwareZ-004.gif We just got to Cebu, I was amazed our Phone, cable and dsl were all working. Thinks are looking up here in the Philippines and Cebu is growing so fast that it is hard to believe. :dance: :dance: So many new buildings. :woohoo:
What time is dinner? Dang, and I have to go to CDO for four days. See you two when I get back.
OK Bob, we are looking forward to seeing you both. Give us a call when you get back and try to be at the meeting on the 21st. :thumbsup:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
OK PhilIsles and TheMason, April 25th it is and all are welcome to show up too. The place will be announced. I am going to see how Badgers works out and I am open to other suggestions. We are looking forward to meeting you and your partners and anyone else who would like to join us. SugarwareZ-003.gif Mason, we are all cranky at times, me more than most. SugarwareZ-004.gif We just got to Cebu, I was amazed our Phone, cable and dsl were all working. Thinks are looking up here in the Philippines and Cebu is growing so fast that it is hard to believe. :dance: :dance: So many new buildings. :woohoo:
What time is dinner? Dang, and I have to go to CDO for four days. See you two when I get back.
OK Bob, we are looking forward to seeing you both. Give us a call when you get back and try to be at the meeting on the 21st. :thumbsup:

Markham
Posted
Posted
I guess this means you won't be at our little gathering on Wednesday. Hope you've got a note from your mum or the Grand Convenor will not be amused and likely to fine you 2 Grandees! :lol:Oh, I almost forgot: I hope you're wearing a life-jacket, those Sulpicio ships have a nasty habit of sinking mid-passage.Mark

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
I will be there.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
I guess this means you won't be at our little gathering on Wednesday. Hope you've got a note from your mum or the Grand Convenor will not be amused and likely to fine you 2 Grandees! :thumbsup: Oh, I almost forgot: I hope you're wearing a life-jacket, those Sulpicio ships have a nasty habit of sinking mid-passage.Mark
Mate, I'm flying first class on Cebu Pacific. BTW - the rest of the scurvy crew has backed out of the Wed. event anyway. You must not have been copied on the email. I will forward immediately.

mike
Posted
Posted
Welcome to the Philippines Forum members and non members informal get together'sAnyone interested in getting together in Cebu in February, I am thinking about Saturday February 21 and maybe at Phat Thursdays in Banilad Town Center. Phat's is a bar and restaurant owned by an American, so people would be able to get whatever they would like to eat or drink at reasonable prices. I am open to other suggestions and other dates that would be better for the majority of members who might be in Cebu at that time. I am posting this very early because some may be making plans for a trip and maybe they can adjust their schedules to fit or we can adjust the get together to fit the majority of members schedules who do not live in Cebu and would like to meet.Next, I would like to join a get together in Cagayan de Oro because we plan on being there some time in March. Any suggestions for a good date for us and other members to be there and for other members who might be able to make that date would be appreciated. It would really be nice to meet many of you if we can.I am also open to other get together's in March April and May for others who may not be able to meet in the other months. I set up this thread for those of you who would like to make suggestions on dates to get together and we can always meet just for coffee in SM or Ayala if that would be more convenient for some of you. You are also welcome to post other expat meetings and dates in other parts of the Philippines in case some of us can make it to those. My wife and I travel around the Philippines for pleasure and we would be willing to try to attend other meetings if we can at the time they are scheduled. I have found that it is always nice to put a face with a member who posts on forums and IMO get together's help to bring people from all over the world to better understand each other and possibly not be as critical of a other members posts. I know that I have learned a lot by meeting different people from different cultures from all over the world and I think it has made me better understand people and their cultures and to be more tolerant of our difference, but I have to admit that I still have a lot to learn about many people from different parts of my own home country, the USA, no less other countries.Please feel free to post your feelings on get together's or possible dates and places.Thanks,LeeBTW, my real name is Lee but that name was already taken, so if you wish to pm me at any time, please be sure to send to Mr. Lee
Hi I arrive in Cebu from CDO on 26th so if there is anything similar after that date I would Like to attend.On visiting CDO there are three weekly events that are regular and see expat attendance.Wednesdays: Phileas foggs in Velez st starts at 10am until after midday.Fridays: Spooks TGIF after 4:30pm 180 pesos eat all you can( please let me know in advance as i usually cater for no more than 30 and would not wish to disappoint)Sundays: Traditional Sunday Roast at Kingston Lodgeother events are monthlyFirst Saturday in each Month, Zacs music bar from 8pm onwardsThird Sunday of each month Marvella beach social anytime from midday onwards.hope the above helps with any itinary planning.Also may be useful if not already done, to join the expats-in -cdo yahoogroups as calendar covers all events and more.mike

mike
Posted
Posted
Lee,hope to see you and your wife soon when you will be here in CDO.
My wife and I should be there somewhere in the last two weeks of March and we will attend one of the Friday meetings at Spooks for sure and try to make it to one of the other meetings as well if possible. We are looking forward to meeting you and as many CDO expats as we can while we are there. Let me know which meeting would be the best to attend so we can try to set our schedule for then? and anyone who is in Cebu the 21, we will be getting together at Badgers and all are welcome.
Lee,gathering at Spooks is melting down.Not sure if my SO and I can meet you there really since he didn't like the place .So maybe my SO and me will just catch you around.We will be in HK in the second week of February and we will be staying there for 2 months but I am sure he will take a weeks off to visit Cebu and CDO so we will just catch you.
Missy not surprising you think attendance at Spooks is melting down yo SugarwareZ-005.gif u melted away to Hk to freeze ur bits off :thumbsup:) Following the floods we saw a decrease in numbers and this has been reversed since the clear up. Had over 30 on Friday and 38 on previous Friday. When your back stick your head around the door, we will then be rest ored to a full turn out SugarwareZ-053.gif Hope HK is fun :SugarwareZ-020: Mike

Markham
Posted
Posted
Mate, I'm flying first class on Cebu Pacific.
First Class? On Cebu Pacific????!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Sorry! I repeat, I hope you're wearing a life-jacket!!!
BTW - the rest of the scurvy crew has backed out of the Wed. event anyway. You must not have been copied on the email. I will forward immediately.
Just got it, thanks, as well as similar emails from the Grand Convenor and Paul. Seems everyone's off on their hols.... :thumbsup: Mark

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Just to bump this up again because the 21st is a week away, We will be getting together at Badgers on Feb 21 starts at 4 PM and ends whenever we get done. No fees, just pay for what you want to eat or drink. My wife and I will be staying until everyone leaves or we run out of energy. The last get together I arranged went on until pretty late and then some groups went off to another place and their get together continued on until the wee hours of the next morning, from what I was told. These get together's are all about just hanging out, meeting each other and getting to know each other and IMO knowing each other really makes the forum a nicer place to hang out. Anyone else interested in coming? Let us know, or just show up and say hi. All are welcome, members, non members, readers or friends of friends, etc. Just come on by and hang out for any amount of time you wish to.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Just to bump this up again because the 21st is a week away, We will be getting together at Badgers on Feb 21 starts at 4 PM and ends whenever we get done. No fees, just pay for what you want to eat or drink. My wife and I will be staying until everyone leaves or we run out of energy. The last get together I arranged went on until pretty late and then some groups went off to another place and their get together continued on until the wee hours of the next morning, from what I was told. These get together's are all about just hanging out, meeting each other and getting to know each other and IMO knowing each other really makes the forum a nicer place to hang out. Anyone else interested in coming? Let us know, or just show up and say hi. All are welcome, members, non members, readers or friends of friends, etc. Just come on by and hang out for any amount of time you wish to.
Map, and how to get to Badgers http://www.badgerspub.net/Contact.htm