Noisy Neighbours

Alby
Posted
Posted

Pokemike... Check it at the times when you can't stand noise.

Mine sounded quiet when I picked it :)

Main problem is how they build their walls. Just cement, steel bars and no sound proofing.

Try to drill something without hitting steel :)

Anything extra would be money wasted in their opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pokermike
Posted
Posted

yes your right i learned my lesson from you guys and my friend in angeles he warned me like you guys but was aware of these units and there no noise claim. i made check about 40 times even at 3am , beacause the hotel i was staying at was so close , plus he had stayed there before himself. it was what they claimed the security stayed right on top of noise situations. i was impressed.                          poker mike

komments
Posted
Posted

I remember on one of my recent condo searches in Angeles City i found a nice place that did not allow tenants to have children with a very strict noise contol. It was perfect location and price not to bad one bedroom starts at 24,000 pesos . i am probably going to pick that as my first rental.  NO NOISE went there several times at night and it was very quiet.   poker mike  i can find out the name if you are interested. 

Thanks, but I won't be moving for 3-5 years and I haven't picked a location yet.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Thanks, but I won't be moving for 3-5 years and I haven't picked a location yet.

stereo.gif No matter, they will keep some noise for you .talk.gif They will always talk loud no matter who is around. The next 3 to 5 years will superman.gif fly bye. Then you can do your foreigner bad mood bit tantrum.gif. no matter where you decide to Settle, The noise will be still be there. wallbash.gif

JP  :tiphat:whistling.gif

• Like 1

Alby
Posted
Posted

Noise is part of the culture :)

Otherwise, you are not a Filipino :)

I wouldn't measure it by how good the security is. Coz that's something temporary.

If the people themselves don't acknowledge it, then it's a lost cause.

Ever wondered why one would need gates or even so many bars on windows and doors?

Ops! I forgot ... To keep the mosquitoes away :)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Whilst some of the decrees may seem a Little off topic, they are all about Environmental issues together with Noise. It is a lot of years old but whilst many will smile or laugh, it does go to show that there were and I guess are, Laws in Place to curb many things we may moan about.

Have a read and I guess it will open up this Topic a little more or maybe we should save it for a new Topic?

http://www.lawphil.net/statutes/presdecs/pd1977/pd_1152_1977.html

JP

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted (edited)

As an aside, noise isn't just a problem here in the Phil. I once visited my brother who lived on the 32 floor (he had the whole 32nd floor, but that's a different story) on the bay in panama city panama, with a magnificent view of the pacific. Aircon all day so windows never opened. At night you could still hear the street level night clubs, that high up. And this was an affluent area. Bottom line :th_unfair: , grass is not always greener

Edited by scott h
  • Like 1

Alby
Posted
Posted

Whilst some of the decrees may seem a Little off topic, they are all about Environmental issues together with Noise. It is a lot of years old but whilst many will smile or laugh, it does go to show that there were and I guess are, Laws in Place to curb many things we may moan about.

Have a read and I guess it will open up this Topic a little more or maybe we should save it for a new Topic?

http://www.lawphil.net/statutes/presdecs/pd1977/pd_1152_1977.html

JP

... and who is going to enforce any such law?

Remember, this is a corrupt country where politicians get paid by these businesses to write that law in their favor!

The funny thing is people keep on re-electing them :)

Alby
Posted
Posted

As an aside, noise isn't just a problem here in the Phil. I once visited my brother who lived on the 32 floor (he had the whole 32nd floor, but that's a different story) on the bay in panama city panama, with a magnificent view of the pacific. Aircon all day so windows never opened. At night you could still hear the street level night clubs, that high up. And this was an affluent area. Bottom line :th_unfair: , grass is not always greener

I stayed two months on that same bay and I agree.

Panama City experienced a building boom where anything plastered was called a building.

An affluent place but with none of the doors, toilet seats, windows etc. were even aligned!

But they can't beat the Philippines :)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

and who is going to enforce any such law? Remember, this is a corrupt country where politicians get paid by these businesses to write that law in their favor!

No doubt that when it is no longer in any particular Business Mans favour, they will be the first to Shout "OUCH" and then Watch it get Enforced!   beam.gif

JPbottle.gif