chris49
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

chris49
Posted
Posted
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 11:57 AM, stevewool said:

The tight budget what i believe will be fine for me and Emma is around the 20,000 peso mark,

You have a lot of questions but you overlook the answers.

Then you repeat the same questions.

You will not live on 20k pesos/month in Marakina, which is part of Metro Manila, rent free or whatever. How about the electricity bill? Local transportation, Marakina is cut off in that aspect.

15 hours ago, stevewool said:

I have asked questions about this over a very long time and i will keep asking questions too

Ask away. But get a grip on the answers if you have a slush fund for extras....good. So what exactly is the problem about coming here. "Fear or fear itself?"

How about an interim trip here to catch up on all those things you are asking.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well guys Nothing can be said about what has been said but I think JGF's words are important, We do need to be careful before we press send, maybe we say too much at times and even forget what we have said and some with good memories pick up on these things and it can get pear shaped.

" The Proof of the Pudding is in the eating" the Grannies sayings are good ones. Everything is speculative until we are doing it, Not Going to quote Figures but I have No problem with living on my income but we should all I think, make the Budget fit the Income not try and make the income fit the Budget It will go around in Circles until Anyone, is here and Doing it. For me, as it was as everyone, a gamble, That's life. But a decision has to be made. Otherwise what's it all about. :thumbsup: Waiting too Long is as bad as doing it too early IMHO

But Guys, don't lets fall out over it EH?:grouphugg:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
Just now, mogo51 said:

HI Steve,

It is Mogo, not Mongo which is a derogatory term for mentally ill persons.  I can still feed myself and tie my shoelaces!

You again have missed the point that we were both trying to make to you.  What you have or do not have is above the point and none of our business.  We were trying to point out that your biggest enemy is indecision.  Your wife is Philippine, so how will she be affected by returning home - unless she of course wants to live in UK? If that is the case, you have a problem.  

It would be like me returning to Australia, I would just return to the life I had before, but I will not do it, as it does not fit the lifestyle that it will serve up to me if I do so.

Sooner or later you have to make a decision such as I have -  WE WILL move to Phils in August next year at the latest but more than likely sooner.  That is the agreement I have made with my SO. She wants to return where she can have more contact with her family, having been away for 8 years.

It seems that one or both of you are not committed to a move to the Philippines which is fine.  That being the case continually raising the same points will not really help you with any such decision.

As Jack would say = 'Just saying'

Hang about , i did not intend to call you a name it is a mistake i had written, please accept this as a genuine mistake , i would never imply that to any member here or anyone anywhere ,

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well guys Nothing can be said about what has been said but I think JGF's words are important, We do need to be careful before we press send, maybe we say too much at times and even forget what we have said and some with good memories pick up on these things and it can get pear shaped.

" The Proof of the Pudding is in the eating" the Grannies sayings are good ones. Everything is speculative until we are doing it, Not Going to quote Figures but I have No problem with living on my income but we should all I think, make the Budget fit the Income not try and make the income fit the Budget It will go around in Circles until Anyone, is here and Doing it. For me, as it was as everyone, a gamble, That's life. But a decision has to be made. Otherwise what's it all about. :thumbsup: Waiting too Long is as bad as doing it too early IMHO

But Guys, don't lets fall out over it EH?:grouphugg:

Totally agree Jack and  that is the very point that has been discussed.  I do double read before the send button if I say anything controversial, but just trying to get Steve to get himself focused one way or the other.  

It is a bit like a mate of mine here, went home to Oz, sold up everything and came back here to retire but abot 10 years too late - he died 2 months later.

As far as I am concerned, we will not fall out over this, but we may help Steve make a decision one way or another - if not, at least we tried.

Edited by mogo51
  • Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, chris49 said:

You have a lot of questions but you overlook the answers.

Then you repeat the same questions.

You will not live on 20k pesos/month in Marakina, which is part of Metro Manila, rent free or whatever. How about the electricity bill? Local transportation, Marakina is cut off in that aspect.

Ask away. But get a grip on the answers if you have a slush fund for extras....good. So what exactly is the problem about coming here. "Fear or fear itself?"

How about an interim trip here to catch up on all those things you are asking.

You see, straight away someone says  20k is not enough, well Emma thinks its fine , but like you i am worried it may not be, thats the slush fund and that is why i will keep asking,

Edited by stevewool
spelling
  • Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Totally agree Jack and  that is the very point that has been discussed.  I do double read before the send button if I say anything controversial, but just trying to get Steve to get himself focused one way or the other.  

It is a bit like a mate of mine here, went home to Oz, sold up everything and came back here to retire but abot 10 years too late - he died 2 months later.

Again i am sorry and again i am agreeing with everyone here too, i dont want to leave it too late,

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

Again i am sorry and again i am agreeing with everyone here too, i dont want to leave it too late,

:hystery: When is Payday Steve cos I for one, am Counting Down 13, 12 etc :6:

Kidding mate, just Pulling your leg to help things along.:whistling:

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: When is Payday Steve cos I for one, am Counting Down 13, 12 etc :6:

Kidding mate, just Pulling your leg to help things along.:whistling:

Aound the 25th of each month, so its Arpil 2017

• Like 1