Posted
Posted

Yes, same same.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, mogo51 said:

I thought you said in another post that your budget would be 'tight' when you eventually made the move?

Maybe I read wrongly?

You are right , i have mentioned on many occasions that it will be tight,

After reading many many threads about people on here on different budgets it does make you think i cannot move there because i dont have that amount, then you read on someone on a lot less then i may have,

The tight budget i keep saying is what Emma will have each month to buy the food and pay the odd small bill and if there is anything left over well its hers or it can go onto the next months budget,

There is the other budget that will be kept for what ever we want to do, and where ever we would like to go too,

The tight budget what i believe will be fine for me and Emma is around the 20,000 peso mark, to many that may be a silly amount , not enough but until we are there and living there we dont really know, there will be a another pot but thats between me and you only , so for now a big SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, please

mogo51
Posted
Posted

This topic has now been going on for quite a length of time and I am not sure if we have advanced it too far.

If one looks through all the posts and they have been well enunciated by both points of view, I believe it just boils down to personal decisions and what each of us are confronted with.

So therefore, I think it  is the good old Pils that wins Jack!!!!

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

Chris / Mogo, we all live on what we have , if you want more you work harder and longer, yes i am still working,and yes we have good holidays and again yes we have the two houses, but all this is done buy working still,

I am not rich by all means, and i will not have a budget of many who have written on here they have this and they have that and you are kidding yourself if you can managed on that amount,which i was told, but then again someone comes along and throws a spanner in the works and lives very well in there eyes on a lot less,

I have asked questions about this over a very long time and i will keep asking questions too, i am worried about the jump we are going to make , i dont intend to come back to England once we are there that is why i will keep searching,

Remember boys and Girls you have lived another life before moving there ,may be a good life with all the trimmings thats all i am doing at the moment just like you guys did,

The move will take some adjusting for me and Emma i am just making sure we dont stumble and like many of us my wife is younger then me , i am making sure there are funds for her life once i have gone

Edited by stevewool
spelling error
  • Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, chris49 said:

Among other things Steve. That confuses everyone.

You have how many posts over many months debating mostly with yourself about your retirement. And you currently have about 2 vacations a year not to Philippines. Yet, despite mentioning on one hand how you are worried about not having enough money. You now talk about having a separate budget...for "wherever we would like to go to"

Most of us are in full retirement. And most of us who are on pensions don't have that luxury.

Chris , many have that extra pot for the just in case , how much is in there depends on what you think you are wanting and whats it there for , i will not receive my state pension for another 9 years, yes a little private one i can receive but its very little, but added together it all helps

• Like 1