Sharing between the family

stevewool
Posted
Posted

They keep coming , different post about our different family too,

Its not moaning really its adjusting to something that you are not use too,

I never new Emma's mother but listening to what Emma says she was a good strong women who brought the family from Tarlac to Manila and then brought there house with the help from the father and both worked very hard to support there children, sending them to college and so on,

The father in all the time i have known him has never asked for anything, his words are, if Emma is happy thats all i am wanting,

Its the sisters and the brothers who have sampled another life that to me are the ones who feels its ok to ask and knowing too never to pay it back, and that takes some getting use too, but i would rather someone tell the truth asking why they cash for rather then saying its for something else,

Like many say we seem to be rich in there eyes but we are not, we work just like them , the only difference is i save my cash for those rainy days , they just seem to live for the day, dont get me wrong the family o married into have there own houses travel the word and look great to there husbands family but to there own blood, they are poor still we have nothing,

being a outsider and listening i see this but hey i married Emma first and she married me too, like i said the father he is part of our great plan and he does not know this, the funny thing here is we have o limit the money we send him as if the rest of the family know what he has got they are round like a shot,

Its a funny world, would i change it not one bit i love my wife ,i trust my wife, she loves me and trust me too, thats all that matters ,the rest will happen but we can hopefully change that .

Again we are all different and what suits one may not suit another but it does not mean we are wrong

• Like 2

Larry45
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, mogo51 said:

I'll drink to that, well said.

Yeah, me too after shopping downtown with my daughter today.   I guess some expats like all the attention, but when you understand what all the jokes are about, it's not much fun.  Better to keep your head in the sand (blinders and ear plugs) and just pretend everyone loves you here.  And back on topic, in laws are always welcome here to eat and drink, or even stay over....and they do occasionally, but they know I have a low tolerance for bullsh&t...so they don't wear out their welcome.  They all have jobs and self-esteem, so it's not really an issue.  :)

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I think Blues Dude hit the nail on the head. When you give, did it make a difference? Or did it just disappear with a smile and a burp? I don't put a limit on how much I'm willing to help other than I'm not going to hurt myself. I would be more likely to give 50k peso for something I could see making a difference where I might balk at 1k peso where all I would expect would be the burp. In fact I did just that once. My GF's brother was getting married and moving out/away and he owned the family motorcycle so Mom and Pop would be afoot and stuck at the farm so I bought them a Suzuki GD110. They didn't ask, I just did it. Me and the GF didn't work out but I know that made a huge difference in their lives and does so on a daily basis, I can't regret it. I miss that family, the GF, not so much.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:biggrin: Well like the "Can I live on Topics" it will surely go round and round in circles and much will be discussed But the one thing that is going to be evident in the end is It stops or it will surely slow down.There is not much more I can say because I am what/who I am and the reality is, that in the End it is not going to happen on a fixed income. Yes! when we are at Home we are Working, Saving and getting ready for the Move. We Retire, we maybe sell up and have that nest egg, Sending help and the extra cash for the family was easy. X amount here X amount there No problem.

Then we move, we Build, Cars are bought, we have all the trappings we want. Savings have Dwindled. We are here now among those that we may have pampered but Guys and Gals, we are now on a Fixed Income, with rising costs, and unpredictable exchange rates, yet, the Lurkers are still there and are not understanding that the Money is reduced. So the Sharing has to be reduced.

Everything is easy when we are earning it. For me, it is the being here and the income that we get now, that is the one thing I find it hard, to get through to most. So Family, you really do have to start and think about this

Harsh maybe? No! I don't think so, Negative? maybe for them but not for us, Help Yes but Sharing has to come from everyone that wants a slice of the cake, We have (Most of us anyway) said at one time or another on many Topics, "Holidays is Holidays" Living here is the Reality and it all can and usually does all change when we Actually Live here and the day to day things that occur which, we never seem to see or hear about until "Money is needed" And it is all about Money

Not a rant but something I think we all forget, Living here is so Different from being still at home and sending the cash that is far easier when we are still earning but not when we are here  on the Dreaded : "FIXED INCOME" 

JMHO but I think we should think about this 

Jack:tiphat:

Morning all Coffee.gif.5f1e378b9df066c9997a7cc8cf7a3

Edited by Jack Peterson
Just a little Thursday Edit to make some smile if I didn't need to HUH!
  • Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted (edited)

Probably can't putt to save himself anyway!

Edited by mogo51
spelling
  • Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

You're a very lucky man to have married into this family. 

In order to maintain harmonty, build a good relationship and make amends for what he may well have misinterpreted as some sort of 'dissing' , I'd buy 2 or 3 and have them shipped to him wth a quixotic note that allows the both of you to save face. Build a bridge and put the ball on his side of the court. Nobody is immune to a charm offense, and people can often function on a child-like level in emotional issues that are close to them. (see 'transactional analysis' on how sometimes the adult psychological mode, switches to that of either 'parent' or 'child' at bizarre points in life that trigger unexpected emotional reactions that you don't have control over if you are unaware of it happening.)  

I may be way off target on this, but its always good to be kind to people and  make the extra effort if you think its worth it to you and your wife to improve the relationship. Your call, of course.

I've seen guys who 'aren't fun to be around', with attitude problems of their own making, respond in unexpected ways to people who take an honest interest in them.  

F...k it go the full monty and buy him a golf course. (see transactonal analysis on silly responses). haha

• Like 1