Sharing between the family

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Good one Jack, too good!  I can see us having some laughs over a few Pils.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, mogo51 said:

Good one Jack, too good!  I can see us having some laughs over a few Pils.

I had a Bad Weekend and it has taken me till now to get my head sorted so I thought truth with Humour was needed.:56da64adacf47_23_11_591:

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Its working Jack, imagine how sharp you are going to be tomorrow, like a HB pencil!

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

No easy answer here guys, even seems to have Jack bluffed!!

I have been a believer in the catch a fish  syndrome how ever not always working. Friend of mine bought family a hi ace for passenger transport in Leyte. Family successfully did the paper work and were in business. 

he made a ruling that a third of the income was kept for oil changes and maintenance. Every month the vehicle was grounded for this purpose. The business thrived and soon an extra van was added subject to same conditions. All went well and he was never again accosted for money.

Some time later he returned with the esow to the states, leaving of course strict instructions that the business model must be enforced at all times. Fast forward 6 months business was broke, vans not working and drivers not showing.

Now hopefully this is not typical how ever perhaps a warning it pays to guard our investments wisely.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Interesting how that unfolded.  Was the problem that the 'cash flow' stopped flowing at the participants pockets?

If so, sad but not to be unexpected.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Interesting how that unfolded.  Was the problem that the 'cash flow' stopped flowing at the participants pockets?

If so, sad but not to be unexpected.

Willing to wager that the maintenance money was spent on other things, one van dies, the second operated twice as hard with no maintenance and it follows the first very shortly. The classic problems, not limited to the Philippines I may add, that it's hard to make people value what they didn't earn the money to pay for. The other is that if they are "family" vehicles, what everybody owns, no single person feels responsible for or does what is necessary for it to survive. If it's the "family's" vehicle, whose job is it to check the oil and coolant?

• Like 5

chris49
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, RBM said:

Now hopefully this is not typical how ever perhaps a warning it pays to guard our investments wisely

It is so dam typical it epitomizes so many things.

Drivers of vehicles perhaps not owners, have so many transgressions. Drinking, gambling, the odd mistress along the route.

Presence of the owner is always better.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wow and here is me thinking i was the only FOOL, sorry, kind person who took many sob stories first hand,

Yes many know me and what i have spent so far and whether its being taken for a fool or how ever it reads , i am happy with the outcome so far,

In real money terms i recon we have put around £13000 in the Philippines or 870,000 peso give or take ,but that has gone onto the house build, but remember boys and girls, Emma is working here and half of that amount is from her savings too, 

Its for her father to live comfortable and for us to live there too, so i dont think thats a bad amount for what we have got so far, and its a amount where we both could walk away from if anything goes wrong and not have to worry about it,

The other amounts we have sent for the broken washer and so called care , i have worked it around its a Christmas gift then , it works for me so far,

There has been times where there has been the big NO, and the outcome from that was the silent treatment towards Emma from her sisters, that does not bother me and sometimes i think it does not bother Ems too, she can see some members now for how they are , but its family ,

Some  great reading from many of you, and i recon a few members here should set up some sort of comity of whether we should borrow, sorry, give away our hard earned cash or not, we Wet behind the ears westerners  are to kind for our own good, but some do learn quick

Edited by stevewool
wrong spelling
  • Like 3