Get Together For March Of 2010

redranger
Posted
Posted

I will be there and am really looking forward to meeting all you expats. I hope I don't get too annoying with my list of questions about life in the Philippines. I consider this a a great opportunity for just that. Mike B. aka redrangerPS: Will most taxi drivers know the location of the Ranch?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I will be there and am really looking forward to meeting all you expats. I hope I don't get too annoying with my list of questions about life in the Philippines. I consider this a a great opportunity for just that. Mike B. aka redrangerPS: Will most taxi drivers know the location of the Ranch?
Look forward to meeting you to,will you be bringing anyone?The directions sound fairly easy but maybe Lee can enlighten you with that. :whistling:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Philippines Expat Forum Get Together

Official time and place for our Get together is as follows :551:Date- Friday March 12thTime- 4pm till last one leaves .Place- The RanchDirections-

The phone number is 032 346 4890 and instructions to get there would be as follows, go past Country Mall on the way to Talamban and take the Banilad flyover and once you come down the other side and go just pass the walk over bridge then The Ranch will be a little hidden on the right side of the road. We went past it, so go slow once you get past the walkover and it will be on the right side but set back slightly and with cars possibly parked in front of the entrance way.
We have chosen The Ranch as the venue for this get together,the whole restaurant and venue is secured for us only as a private function. There will be a special menu for our members to assist the cooks in supplying our meals at a quicker pace. Hopefully a few more of you guys can make it,the more the merrier.If you haven't already stated your intention to attend please do so as soon as possible.Looking forward to meeting you there.Boss Man:agree:

OK all, Boss Man has made the final decision on where the get together will be held. So far below is who is coming and who might be coming. If anyone else is sure, then please let us know. Gold Heart and his wifeBoss Man and his wifeMorey and his wife Steve and his wifePaul and his wife Paul P and his gfLars Brett volstateguy FranklinEverette and gf Alejandramy wife and IOur daughters Charity and May, and a couple of their friends confirmed today.Others who have said they would like to come but are not definite yetMayen CarlManabouttownGuardian he called last week and said he is almost positive but had not bought his plane tickets as of last week.HeartPatsadaTropicalpenpalsMarko and his wife MarilynAnyone else? Anyone on the possible's who would like to confirm? Did I miss anyone?
Hi, I happen to be in town, and I would like to come and say hello to all. I am new to this forum and I am in Cebu for vacation, and also working part time for my project back in Sweden. Happy to be here in warm weather.Cheerssnow_man
We look forward to meeting you and you are most welcome :whistling:
Forgot to ask,will you be bringing anyone? :whistling:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi, I happen to be in town, and I would like to come and say hello to all. I am new to this forum and I am in Cebu for vacation, and also working part time for my project back in Sweden. Happy to be here in warm weather.Cheerssnow_man

Official time and place for our Get together is as follows :551:Date- Friday March 12thTime- 4pm till last one leaves .Place- The RanchDirections-

The phone number is 032 346 4890 and instructions to get there would be as follows, go past Country Mall on the way to Talamban and take the Banilad flyover and once you come down the other side and go just pass the walk over bridge then The Ranch will be a little hidden on the right side of the road. We went past it, so go slow once you get past the walkover and it will be on the right side but set back slightly and with cars possibly parked in front of the entrance way.
We have chosen The Ranch as the venue for this get together,the whole restaurant and venue is secured for us only as a private function. There will be a special menu for our members to assist the cooks in supplying our meals at a quicker pace. Hopefully a few more of you guys can make it,the more the merrier.If you haven't already stated your intention to attend please do so as soon as possible.Looking forward to meeting you there.Boss Man:whistling:

OK, we can add Snow_man and now add Redranger (another Mike B since we already have a member named MikeB) As for the taxis, some may know and some may not, so be sure to write down or print the instructions and just tell them to head down Archbishop Reyes road toward The Country Mall and go past the Country Mall and go over the fly over bridge and then once you come down off the fly over then there will be a walk over bridge within sight, tell the driver to get over to the right and to stop right after the walkover bridge and you will then see it just a little ahead on the right side of the road.Anyone else? Anyone on the possible's who would like to confirm? Did I miss anyone? Please tell us if you will be bringing anyone else with you?

OK all, Boss Man has made the final decision on where the get together will be held. So far below is who is coming and who might be coming. If anyone else is sure, then please let us know. Gold Heart and his wifeBoss Man and his wifeMorey and his wife Steve and his wifePaul and his wife Paul P and his gfLars Brett volstateguy FranklinEverette and gf Alejandramy wife and IOur daughters Charity and May, and a couple of their friends confirmed today.Snow_manRedranger Mike BOthers who have said they would like to come but are not definite yetMayen CarlManabouttownGuardian he called last week and said he is almost positive but had not bought his plane tickets as of last week.HeartPatsadaTropicalpenpalsMarko and his wife Marilyn

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

I will hopefully be there my wife April is on bed rest at the moment so will let you know nearer the time but hope to see you all :SugarwareZ-034:

Ferdzter
Posted
Posted

Oh.. Im gonna miss this one. SugarwareZ-034.gif Im manila based.Are all members from Cebu?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I will hopefully be there my wife April is on bed rest at the moment so will let you know nearer the time but hope to see you all :welcome:
Hope April will get better soon and we hope to see you there and if not then please contact me and maybe we can get togther sometime after the get together.
Oh.. Im gonna miss this one. SugarwareZ-034.gif Im manila based.Are all members from Cebu?
Hi Fredzter, no not all members live in Cebu and many are spread all over the Philippines. The reason the get together is in Cebu is because it is centrally located and because myself and another moderator are in Cebu and Boss Man, the owner of the forum has just arrived in Cebu and a number of the members wives are from Cebu and they are traveling here to visit their wives families. Anyway, I am sorry you will not be able to attend the get together and we will be having others in the future and maybe members might wish to take a vacation to Cebu or set up a get together of their own in other areas and let us know about them, or members can tell us about other get togethers in other areas that they know will be going on, and then myself or some of our other members might like to attend those as well. Thank you for checking in and letting us know that you will not be able to attend. :SugarwareZ-034:

redranger
Posted
Posted

I will be coming alone. Not being a local, I need a little help with the directions to the Ranch. I take it The Country Mall would be more specifically be The Galsano Country Mall? I'm not familiar with the terms "flyover" and "walkover". The best I can tell from Google maps is that it may be near The Sandtrap? I can't locate it on the interactive map. Sorry about my confusion. I was hoping to map it out in case I needed it for the cab driver. redranger but please call me Mike

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hello Mike, I will answer this more extensively in a little while because I have to run out now but yes most taxi drivers should be able to follow the instructions we posted above but they will probably not know where the Ranch itself is because it is fairly new. More to follow, so check back soon.Added

We have chosen The Ranch as the venue for this get together,the whole restaurant and venue is secured for us only as a private function. There will be a special menu for our members to assist the cooks in supplying our meals at a quicker pace. Hopefully a few more of you guys can make it,the more the merrier.If you haven't already stated your intention to attend please do so as soon as possible.Looking forward to meeting you there.Boss Man:SugarwareZ-034:

OK all, Boss Man has made the final decision on where the get together will be held. So far below is who is coming and who might be coming. If anyone else is sure, then please let us know. Gold Heart and his wifeBoss Man and his wifeMorey and his wife Steve and his wifePaul and his wife Paul P and his gfLars Brett volstateguy FranklinEverette and gf Alejandramy wife and IOur daughters Charity and May, and a couple of their friends confirmed today.Mike (Redranger)Snow_man Others who have said they would like to come but are not definite yetMayen CarlManabouttownGuardian he called last week and said he is almost positive but had not bought his plane tickets as of last week.HeartPatsadaTropicalpenpalsMarko and his wife MarilynAnyone else? Anyone on the possible's who would like to confirm? Did I miss anyone? Mike, feel free to ask your questions on the forum because there are many more people on the forum than will be at the meeting so you should be able to get some answers here as well as at the get together. The best directions that I can give is that it is on Archbishop Reyes Road which becomes Gov. M Cuenco Ave and that every taxi driver knows where Gaisano Country Mall is and here are some other landmark, The Ranch will be on the same road as Badgers or Banilad Town Center and a taxi would have head toward Talambam past Country Mall and past Banilid Town Center and past Badgers and past A.S. Fortuna St. and then after the fly over bridge which is a fancy word for a bridge that goes over A.S. Fortuna Street which is a busy street and then come down on the other side of the street which then becomes Joaquin L. Panis St.Below is a map and the arrow is approximately where The Ranch is just after the walk over bridge which is a bridge that allows people to walk over the top of the main road which is called Jaoquin L. Panis Street at that point on the map. Oh, and as far as actual names, many members do not wish to be called by their personal names and then there are quite a few members with the same names, so when we are responding to a members post, sometimes when we know and remember that the member does not mind being called by their actual name then we will refer to them as such but often we do not remember and other times we are not sure if that member wanted us to use their actual name or not, so members should never be offended if we do not refer to them by actual names and it is a good idea for the members who wish to be referred to by personal names to put those names in their signature and then most of us will try to refer to them by name. added, my cell number if anyone gets lost is 0929 4212 410

post-40-12677550702424_thumb.jpg

paul
Posted
Posted (edited)
I will be coming alone. Not being a local, I need a little help with the directions to the Ranch. I take it The Country Mall would be more specifically be The Galsano Country Mall? I'm not familiar with the terms "flyover" and "walkover". The best I can tell from Google maps is that it may be near The Sandtrap? I can't locate it on the interactive map. Sorry about my confusion. I was hoping to map it out in case I needed it for the cab driver. redranger but please call me Mike
Hi Mike,A Flyover is basically a bridge that you drive over which crosses another roadway. There is a new, large flyover, that crosses over the A.S. Fortuna intersection.Gaisano Country Mall and Country Mall are the same place. In fact, there is a skywalk at the beginning of Country Mall, if you are headed north. A skywalk is a crossing over a busy road or highway, allowing pedestrians to cross the road or highway without fear of being hit by an oncoming car. I have attached an image of a skywalk for you to view, below: post-8-12677543220939_thumb.jpgSo, if you are headed north in a taxi, from say Ayala Mall, you will go north past the Waterfront Hotel, Lahug (located on your left, which will look similar to a castle), while crossing the J. Luna / Salinas Drive flyover at the same time. You will then continue north past Gaisano Country Mall (which will be on your left), and then drive over a small flyover. When you are crossing the little flyover, ahead of you, you will see the new, large (A.S. Fortuna) flyover just past BTC (Banilad Town Center). BTC will be located on your right. After you cross the large (A.S. Fortuna) flyover, start looking ahead of you for a skywalk, as pictured in the attachment above. Directly past and I mean RIGHT DIRECTLY PAST the skywalk, and located on your right, will be The Ranch. If you have any questions or concerns, or feel as though you are lost that day, please feel free to contact me, and I will make sure you arrive at the Ranch okay: 0939-496-6396HTH Edited by paul