Get Together For March Of 2010

Patsada
Posted
Posted

can anybody give some more information on Sand Trap? their website http://www.the-sandt...om/Default.html seems to be expired......Cheers,Patsada

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
can anybody give some more information on Sand Trap? their website http://www.the-sandt...om/Default.html seems to be expired......Cheers,Patsada
Hi Patsada, does that mean we can definitely add you to the list of people coming, and if so how many will be coming?Right now I am pretty sure we are going to have the get together at Phat Thursdays which is in Banilad Town Center and on the main road Called Archbishop Reyes Ave down toward Ayala and known as Gov. M. Cuenco Ave up near Country Mall and that is diagonally across from the Country Mall. I feel that Phat Thursdays is a better place for the get together and I have set up a couple there before and almost everyone liked it there and they have now added a buffet which would make food and the serving of food a much easier item for members to pick what they want off the menu or to eat off the buffet. Phat's is also air conditioned and has a pool table and a friendly staff. My wife and I have tried to speak with the manager at the Sand Trap and can not seem to get above the in charge person, whatever that may be, and we have also made them aware that their web site is offline but they really did not seem like they wanted or needed our business and wanted to make things much more complicated than they actually should be, so within this week it will all be finalized and posted here.The time will be starting at 4PM and going until members feel like going home. People can come when it is convenient for them and stay as long as they wish or as short a time as they wish. Jeepneys run along the main road, taxis are right out front, and it is walking distance from the Country Mall and not very far from the Sand Trap either. I or Tom (Boss Man) will post within a few days but as of now it is going to be at Phat Thursdays and the manager said they can handle our crowd which right now will be anywhere from 25 to 40 people because some who say they will come may end up not being able to make it and some people bring friends and some people make last minute decisions.So members, please check back on this weekend and you all will still have about 2 weeks until the get together which should be plenty of time because we all know the date and times and intended location. Here is an interactive map of cebu Cebu interactive mapand here is a screen shot of where Phat Thursdays is, which is in Banilad Town Center on the Right and across from Gaisano Country Mall shown in red on left of Banilad Town Center. You may also note a place in Green on the left and above the Country Mall which says Wild Turkey Golf Range, that is where the Sand Trap is. Tom may make a better map or just edit mine and add arrows but this one should do for now.

post-40-12668906792047_thumb.jpg

paul
Posted
Posted
Hey,Try this link: Sand Trap, link 1If that one doesn't work for you, this one may: Sand Trap, link 2They have a decent pool if people want to swim, outside eating (smokers and non-smokers are entertained),
Right now I am pretty sure we are going to have the get together at Phat Thursdays which is in Banilad Town Center...
That is a shame. I realize I haven't been to Phat Thursday in some time, and certainly like the owner. But, if this is going to be a "during the day" event, there are other things you may wish to consider.TheSand Trap, due to it being an outside venue, I feel anyway, would be a better venue during the day. This would be suitable for those who wish to swim, especially if anyone were to bring kids. This would also be an open venue for both smokers and non-smokers. The Sand Trap also offers tennis courts outside, if anyone would like to arrive early and play.I hope this helps you folks to consider the Sand Trap more, especially for this time of day.Or, if you simply want to, put it up for the members to vote on it? Either way, I will be there, if only to see that important person who is to arrive. Hint: post-8-12668999135027_thumb.jpgPaul

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Paul, I am sorry that you do not seem happy with the location of the get together. Members are also welcome to go to the Sand Trap and go swimming or whatever and then stop by Phats and join us at this get together after they are done there, if they so decide. I was not happy with the Sand Trap but I still did as Tom wished and tried hard to set it up there and could not get any straight answers from them and they would not put the manager on the phone and they kept mixing up wanting to turn it into an event or party instead of a get together, and besides that I do not like dealing with waitresses or the so called person in charge, in charge of what my wife could not find out. Is it person in charge of toilets, in charge of table service, in charge of the bar, in charge of what and why won't the manager ever get on the phone after numerous calls. Is the manager so important that he or she cannot talk to me or my wife and I would have to go in there in person without even knowing if they would be able to fit us all on that date or if the manager would be there when we got there.Sorry, but Phats it is unless something goes drastically wrong between now and when I get over there this week. I am also sorry but I have been unusually busy with meeting up with friends and members and going to parties, as you know because you were at one of them, and then I was sick in the middle of all that from inhaling too much cigarette smoke, and then I am also taking care of our properties and shopping for our needs here, so time just got away from me and since there was almost 3 weeks still left until the get together when you posted your post indicating your impatience, and since we all know the time, the date and that it would be in Cebu City, I really did not see the major rush as to which place it would be held, so I am sorry for being too busy to handle it fast enough to be to your liking and that I am too slow since I am not as fast as I used to be and have a life beyond this get together.So all, Phat Thursdays is where it may be and starting at 4 PM which probably means 5PM Filipino time and we will be staying until everyone wants to head home or runs out of money or the place closes. My wife and I will be there early and hopefully so will Boss Man and some others, so feel free to show up early or after work, or after a swim and lunch at the Sand Trap which is pretty close by, or even later because the last time some of us were there until about 11 PM if I remember correctly and I suspect if this get together is anywhere as good as the last one, then we may be there even later. :36_6_3[1]: The final post making all this 100% definite will be made this weekend, as I said in an earlier post.And yes Paul, I know you are definitely not coming to see my ugly face because you already saw it at that last party and seeing my ugliness twice in one year could be too much for some people to handle.. :lol: :bonk: :lol: :bonk:

paul
Posted
Posted

Hey brother, Don't let it get to you that much. You are supposed to be here to relax, not to feel stressed out. And, don't worry about me. I'm not impatient about it. I was only posting an option and what I felt others may wish to have available to them, especially if they happen to show up with kids. Incidentally, for future reference, if setting up a get together at Sand Trap on a Friday, don't ever worry about calling them. Just show up. We always have, for years now, and have never had an issue.Lastly, it is always good to see you. :36_6_3[1]:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Hey brother, Don't let it get to you that much. You are supposed to be here to relax, not to feel stressed out. And, don't worry about me. I'm not impatient about it. I was only posting an option and what I felt others may wish to have available to them, especially if they happen to show up with kids. Incidentally, for future reference, if setting up a get together at Sand Trap on a Friday, don't ever worry about calling them. Just show up. We always have, for years now, and have never had an issue.Lastly, it is always good to see you. :bonk:
Hey Paul and all members.We wont be putting the venue up for a vote as every one has different ideas ,need and wants and the way I see it is no matter what,no venue will suit everyone perfectly.As for showing up un announced at the Sand trap,they said to Lee if we did not choose a menu then they may not have enough food for us and I do not want to end up with hungry guests.Also so there is no misunderstanding,the announcements for this get together which has been up for a long time says for Members and Partners, this is not a kids event sorry.Hopeful every one will understand and make the best of the chosen venue. :36_6_3[1]:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

In my attempt to please Tom the owner of this forum and some of the expats that live here and especially Paul who seems to really wish to have the get together at the Sand Trap, my wife and I went over to the Sand Trap and decided to have an early dinner and attempt to talk to the manager. First I have to tell you all that my wife and I are not fancy people and we often eat at places such as McDonalds or other inexpensive restaurants along those lines, so we do not have gourmet tastes.So my wife ordered Pancit and one would figure that a restaurant in the Philippines would know how to make Filipino food and I ordered a Pizza and I can understand if a non pizza place might make average pizza. Well first I can tell you that the pizza was not fit for a dog IMO but we were very hungry so we attempted to eat even the undercooked pizza, and on top of it being undercooked, it had taken 25 minutes for them to serve it to us that way. Next we finally got the pancit ten minutes later, and it was so disappointing, that the best I can figure is that all the expats who live here must go there for the beer because the food is really not fit for human consumption and I would not eat there again even if some or all of the members wished to buy us the meals but I do seem to remember that the one thing I ate there last year that was passable was the French Fries but now I would not take bets that my memory was correct based on todays food.On a scale of one to ten with ten being the best food I would expect to be served and one being the lowest, the pizza was a minus 5 and the pancit was maybe a one. Next the bathroom was flooded and then the worst part is the water was shut off and the value to flush the toilet was working but it did no good since the water was not working and the urinal was full of smelly pee.For the locals who think that place is so good, I have one thing to tell you all, you have been in the Philippines way too long. :36_6_3[1]: You see all, I tried the food last year and I thought maybe my memory of it being bad was mistaken, but I guess even they cannot screw up bottled beer, but I am not sure if the food is any example. We will attempt to go to Phat Thursdays for the dinner buffet on Friday and then see if it or someplace else might be better. At this point if Jollybee served beer then I would highly recommend the get together be there. One place I can tell you all it will not be is the Sand Trap or I am staying home.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
In my attempt to please Tom the owner of this forum and some of the expats that live here and especially Paul who seems to really wish to have the get together at the Sand Trap, my wife and I went over to the Sand Trap and decided to have an early dinner and attempt to talk to the manager. First I have to tell you all that my wife and I are not fancy people and we often eat at places such as McDonalds or other inexpensive restaurants along those lines, so we do not have gourmet tastes.So my wife ordered Pancit and one would figure that a restaurant in the Philippines would know how to make Filipino food and I ordered a Pizza and I can understand if a non pizza place might make average pizza. Well first I can tell you that the pizza was not fit for a dog IMO but we were very hungry so we attempted to eat even the undercooked pizza, and on top of it being undercooked, it had taken 25 minutes for them to serve it to us that way. Next we finally got the pancit ten minutes later, and it was so disappointing, that the best I can figure is that all the expats who live here must go there for the beer because the food is really not fit for human consumption and I would not eat there again even if some or all of the members wished to buy us the meals but I do seem to remember that the one thing I ate there last year that was passable was the French Fries but now I would not take bets that my memory was correct based on todays food.On a scale of one to ten with ten being the best food I would expect to be served and one being the lowest, the pizza was a minus 5 and the pancit was maybe a one. Next the bathroom was flooded and then the worst part is the water was shut off and the value to flush the toilet was working but it did no good since the water was not working and the urinal was full of smelly pee.For the locals who think that place is so good, I have one thing to tell you all, you have been in the Philippines way too long. :bonk: You see all, I tried the food last year and I thought maybe my memory of it being bad was mistaken, but I guess even they cannot screw up bottled beer, but I am not sure if the food is any example. We will attempt to go to Phat Thursdays for the dinner buffet on Friday and then see if it or someplace else might be better. At this point if Jollybee served beer then I would highly recommend the get together be there. One place I can tell you all it will not be is the Sand Trap or I am staying home.
Seems we did get out of the wrong side of the bed for the second day in a row,take two aspirin,half a uncooked pizza and a warm glass of milk and sleep the night away.:36_6_3[1]:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Please disregard my recent previous posts, except the one that says the Sand Trap food sucks because that is true IMO. There is no guaranteed set place yet as to where the get together will be and I and others are continuing to search out places that would be the best to give our members a great time. I will get by Phat Thursdays later this week and see if it is as good as it was last year and if not then I will seek out a better place and the place may not even end up set until Boss Man gets here, so all members please keep watching this section and we will also try to send out an email days prior to the get together, and what really counts is the date of the get together and the rough time it will end up starting and the place will be within Cebu City and locked in as soon as the best place is picked but it will not be the Sand Trap or I will surely not eat the food.

Mik
Posted
Posted

Have you been to Orosia Food Park in Consolacion (just north of the town proper on the highway)? It's a good sized open air native style restaurant. Big food menu but no mixed drinks, just beer..