Get Together For March Of 2010

redranger
Posted
Posted
I will be coming alone. Not being a local, I need a little help with the directions to the Ranch. I take it The Country Mall would be more specifically be The Galsano Country Mall? I'm not familiar with the terms "flyover" and "walkover". The best I can tell from Google maps is that it may be near The Sandtrap? I can't locate it on the interactive map. Sorry about my confusion. I was hoping to map it out in case I needed it for the cab driver. redranger but please call me Mike
Hi Mike,A Flyover is basically a bridge that you drive over which crosses another roadway. There is a new, large flyover, that crosses over the A.S. Fortuna intersection.Gaisano Country Mall and Country Mall are the same place. In fact, there is a skywalk at the beginning of Country Mall, if you are headed north. A skywalk is a crossing over a busy road or highway, allowing pedestrians to cross the road or highway without fear of being hit by an oncoming car. I have attached an image of a skywalk for you to view, below: post-8-12677543220939_thumb.jpgSo, if you are headed north in a taxi, from say Ayala Mall, you will go north past the Waterfront Hotel, Lahug (located on your left, which will look similar to a castle), while crossing the J. Luna / Salinas Drive flyover at the same time. You will then continue north past Gaisano Country Mall (which will be on your left), and then drive over a small flyover. When you are crossing the little flyover, ahead of you, you will see the new, large (A.S. Fortuna) flyover just past BTC (Banilad Town Center). BTC will be located on your right. After you cross the large (A.S. Fortuna) flyover, start looking ahead of you for a skywalk, as pictured in the attachment above. Directly past and I mean RIGHT DIRECTLY PAST the skywalk, and located on your right, will be The Ranch. If you have any questions or concerns, or feel as though you are lost that day, please feel free to contact me, and I will make sure you arrive at the Ranch okay: 0939-496-6396HTH
Thanks Paul for the visual and enhanced directions for an out of towner. Mike

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Oh.. Im gonna miss this one. SugarwareZ-034.gif Im manila based.Are all members from Cebu?
I live in Manila as well. My wife and I live in Ermita near Robinson's. What part of Manila are you in?I've never been to Cebu. In fact, I've never left the island of Luzon in all my travels here. I was planning a trip to Cebu and Bohol this March to see the sights and meet some of the forum members, but real life intervened and we had to cancel our plans.

Markham
Posted
Posted

Lee,Mae and I will possibly make it.Mark

Patsada
Posted
Posted

Hi all,unfortunately, I must tell you that I won't make it to attend the meeting - 3 of my diver friends come to Camiguin right on the weekend in question and I promised them already long time ago to have some fine dives together -- might be for the next time! Wish you all loads of fun!greetings,Patsada

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Lee,Mae and I will possibly make it.Mark
OK Mark, hope you can make it. Please let us know before the actual date. :SugarwareZ-034:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately, my date of return was March 4th so I am back in the states and unable to attend but I had the pleasure of meeting and spending time with Lee and Nila, and also to eat at The Ranch and I think it's a good choice. I hope everyone has a great time.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Philippines Expat Forum Get Together

Official time and place for our Get together is as follows :551:Date- Friday March 12thTime- 4pm till last one leaves .Place- The RanchDirections-

The phone number is 032 346 4890 and instructions to get there would be as follows, go past Country Mall on the way to Talamban and take the Banilad flyover and once you come down the other side and go just pass the walk over bridge then The Ranch will be a little hidden on the right side of the road. We went past it, so go slow once you get past the walkover and it will be on the right side but set back slightly and with cars possibly parked in front of the entrance way.
We have chosen The Ranch as the venue for this get together,the whole restaurant and venue is secured for us only as a private function. There will be a special menu for our members to assist the cooks in supplying our meals at a quicker pace. Hopefully a few more of you guys can make it,the more the merrier.If you haven't already stated your intention to attend please do so as soon as possible.Looking forward to meeting you there.Boss Man:7522:

OK all, Boss Man has made the final decision on where the get together will be held. So far below is who is coming and who might be coming. If anyone else is sure, then please let us know. Gold Heart and his wifeBoss Man and his wifeMorey and his wife Steve and his wifePaul and his wife Paul P and his gfLars Brett volstateguy FranklinEverette and gf Alejandramy wife and IOur daughters Charity and May, and a couple of their friends confirmed today.Mike (Redranger)Snow_man Tropicalpenpals (Now probably coming) Others who have said they would like to come but are not definite yetMayen CarlManabouttownGuardian he called last week and said he is almost positive but had not bought his plane tickets as of last week.HeartPatsadaMarko and his wife MarilynMarkham and his gfAnyone else? Anyone on the possible's who would like to confirm? Did I miss anyone? <FONT size="4">The best directions that I can give is that it is on Archbishop Reyes Road which becomes Gov. M Cuenco Ave and that every taxi driver knows where Gaisano Country Mall is and here are some other landmark, The Ranch will be on the same road as Badgers or Banilad Town Center and a taxi would have head toward Talambam past Country Mall and past Banilid Town Center and past Badgers and past A.S. Fortuna St. and then after the fly over bridge which is a fancy word for a bridge that goes over A.S. Fortuna Street which is a busy street and then come down on the other side of the street which then becomes Joaquin L. Panis St.Below is a map and the arrow is approximately where The Ranch is just after the walk over bridge which is a bridge that allows people to walk over the top of the main road which is called Jaoquin L. Panis Street at that point on the map. Also my cell phone number if anyone gets lost is 0929 4212 410
Unfortunately, my date of return was March 4th so I am back in the states and unable to attend but I had the pleasure of meeting and spending time with Lee and Nila, and also to eat at The Ranch and I think it's a good choice. I hope everyone has a great time.
And it was our pleasure meeting you Mike and we hope you will be able to make it to one of the future get togethers. :thumbs-up-smile:

post-40-12678402513747_thumb.jpg

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Im pretty much confirmed at this time although doubt my wife April will be coming.

TomM
Posted
Posted

Philippines Expat Forum Get Together

Official time and place for our Get together is as follows

551.gifDate- Friday March 12thTime- 4pm till last one leaves .Place- The RanchDirections-
The phone number is 032 346 4890 and instructions to get there would be as follows, go past Country Mall on the way to Talamban and take the Banilad flyover and once you come down the other side and go just pass the walk over bridge then The Ranch will be a little hidden on the right side of the road. We went past it, so go slow once you get past the walkover and it will be on the right side but set back slightly and with cars possibly parked in front of the entrance way.
We have chosen The Ranch as the venue for this get together,the whole restaurant and venue is secured for us only as a private function. There will be a special menu for our members to assist the cooks in supplying our meals at a quicker pace. Hopefully a few more of you guys can make it,the more the merrier.If you haven't already stated your intention to attend please do so as soon as possible.Looking forward to meeting you there.Boss Man7522.gif

OK all, Boss Man has made the final decision on where the get together will be held. So far below is who is coming and who might be coming. If anyone else is sure, then please let us know. Gold Heart and his wifeBoss Man and his wifeMorey and his wife Steve and his wife and his wifes cousin makes 3Paul and his wife Paul P and his gfLars Brett volstateguy FranklinEverette and gf Alejandramy wife and IOur daughters Charity and May, and a couple of their friends confirmed today.Mike (Redranger)Snow_manTropicalpenpals (Now probably coming)Tom M and his wifeOthers who have said they would like to come but are not definite yetMayen CarlManabouttownGuardian he called last week and said he is almost positive but had not bought his plane tickets as of last week.HeartPatsadaMarko and his wife MarilynMarkham and his gfAnyone else? Anyone on the possible list who would like to confirm? Did I miss anyone? The best directions that I can give is that it is on Archbishop Reyes Road which becomes Gov. M Cuenco Ave and that every taxi driver knows where Gaisano Country Mall is and here are some other landmark, The Ranch will be on the same road as Badgers or Banilad Town Center and a taxi would have head toward Talambam past Country Mall and past Banilid Town Center and past Badgers and past A.S. Fortuna St. and then after the fly over bridge which is a fancy word for a bridge that goes over A.S. Fortuna Street which is a busy street and then come down on the other side of the street which then becomes Joaquin L. Panis St.Below is a map and the arrow is approximately where The Ranch is just after the walk over bridge which is a bridge that allows people to walk over the top of the main road which is called Jaoquin L. Panis Street at that point on the map. Also my cell phone number if anyone gets lost is 0929 4212 410
And it was our pleasure meeting you Mike and we hope you will be able to make it to one of the future get togethers. thumbs-up-smile.gif
My self and my wife will be coming

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Last night my wife and I met Lee,Nila and Frank for a nice meal at The Ranch,we also went over the details of our get together with James and his wife who are the owners of The Ranch.James has offered us a happy hour prices on beer between 4pm and 7 pm.Pilsen P35 and light P40,after 7pm the price of beer will be P45 for either light or pilsen for forum members and our guests.So I guess we can say its happy hour the whole night through.Friday 12th March 4PM onwards :AddEmoticons04230: almost forgot,the beer was so cold I had to chip the ice off the glass 13_4_10[1].gif