Building a Home in Davao

• 3 weeks later...
stevewool
Posted
Posted

Exciting times , scary times, can’t believe it times , thought it would be quicker times, HOW MUCH times , yes it all sounds familiar 

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Exciting times , scary times, can’t believe it times , thought it would be quicker times, HOW MUCH times , yes it all sounds familiar 

Thanks for that support, Steve! It has been good to see the progress on your renovation too. But I am getting a bit tired of it all and some "times" just look forward to sitting on the future comfy chair or couch, icy cold San Mig Light to one hand, one of my super bacon cheese burgers in the other hand watching a cool movie with L next to me as we drift off to sleep soon after and totally relaxed and done!

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Yesterday was a killer for me, the walls and ceiling was being rubbed down ready for paint AGAIN, and the dust was so thick covering everything, intact is was like snow had settled , and to top all this they cleaned up and started to put the first coat onto the walls and a stupid person then decided he would go and sweep the floor and the dust went onto to the wet paint, well I flipped and Emma’s famous words ‘It’s ok ‘. F in brother in law 

• Sad 2

graham59
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Thanks for that support, Steve! It has been good to see the progress on your renovation too. But I am getting a bit tired of it all and some "times" just look forward to sitting on the future comfy chair or couch, icy cold San Mig Light to one hand, one of my super bacon cheese burgers in the other hand watching a cool movie with L next to me as we drift off to sleep soon after and totally relaxed and done!

....Then comes the knock on the door from the uninvited relatives.  :ohmy:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Yeah, Graham... you do make the point... here's my response, so far:

Maybe not... (we hope). L's relatives are mostly attuned to their rather renegade sibling, L... She has made it very clear to them that uninvited visits are also unwanted - and this was before I ever met her four years ago! These sorts of visits only happen very rarely now - as in once or twice yearly... Fortunately, none of them live in or near Davao, but further away in Banaybanay, Mati and Caraga... But sometimes one or two do venture forth here now and then. L is hospitable, but usually delivers a lecture at some point to let them know to not make this a habit - and they seem to respect that...mostly...

I have mentioned in other threads that L was very westernized in her thinking and personal customs long before I ever met her. That has just been her own way and another reason I love her...

So, we shall see. She has also told me that they, and any of her associates and friends , will respect the "rules" or customs of me as the foreigner financier of our home... It will be interesting to see, especially when I get the trained guard dog there!!! Stay tuned!
I try very hard to not "rule" the place or our relationship. I see it as a joint undertaking. However, she does like to use me as the "owner" of the house as leverage to make sure we won't receive uninvited guests. That's fine with me, so long as we don't alienate her relies or friends... 

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 4
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

However, she does like to use me as the "owner" of the house as leverage to make sure we won't receive uninvited guests. That's fine with me, so long as we don't alienate her relies or friends... 

That may be tough to pull off, Tom.  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, hk blues said:

That may be tough to pull off, Tom.  

You do make your point, HK... As mentioned before... we shall see. So far, so good for all of us!

Re-reading my previous post, I should have worded it to say that we don't alienate ALL her relies and friends... Maybe that is more achievable?:smile:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, graham59 said:

These must have manners, I’ve never heard a knock at all, just shouts and silly giggles .

• Haha 4