Building a Home in Davao

gery0x
Posted
Posted

Very nice report Tommy, thanks for that!

10 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

20200111_090550_resized.jpg

Overhead electric roughing in for lights and fans.

Please make sure that you have a very capable electrician when it comes to wiring!!

The (prepared) installation in the picture looks good to me so far, but you must make sure that they do the wiring properly, e.g. luster terminals instead of insulating tape, and so on.

Also cable diameters and circuit breakers should best be calculated by yourself.

I'm saying all this because some time ago when I built an adjacent room to my house I had to remove ALL the wiring and do it again by myself :angry:

• Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, gery0x said:

The (prepared) installation in the picture looks good to me so far, but you must make sure that they do the wiring properly, e.g. luster terminals instead of insulating tape, and so on.

Also cable diameters and circuit breakers should best be calculated by yourself.

I'm saying all this because some time ago when I built an adjacent room to my house I had to remove ALL the wiring and do it again by myself :angry:

You mean like this

IMG_20200112_193258.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • I'm Confused 1
  • Sad 2

gery0x
Posted
Posted

Holy s**t!!!!

That's exactly what I mean! :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, gery0x said:

Please make sure that you have a very capable electrician when it comes to wiring!!

Thanks for the good suggestion, gery0x! I will be sure to do that. The wiring is all speced out on one of the blueprints right down to which circuit goes where, sizes and capacities of breakers too. I will make it a point to follow that up to make sure reality matches plans.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 1/12/2020 at 6:02 PM, gery0x said:

Good advice - IF the person has the knowledge required to do this.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Good advice - IF the person has the knowledge required to do this.

I have that, HK... Many years experience with home and yacht wiring... 

Probably much more than many so-called electricians here in Philippines...?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Looking good, so how long before you will be in do you think.

• Thanks 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

South perspective looking into the dining room and the small window that will be over the stove top

Looking into the kitchen and dining area. It was good that the cabinet guy was there because he noticed that the window for over the stove was not in the right location. It needs to move to the right about 1/2 meter.

Do you plan to use only that window for letting out the heat/smoke/smell from the stove or will you also have a range hood? 

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Nice to read such a positive house building experience. Mine thanks to a crooked engineer left me with a shortened life expectancy which i can ill afford Ha Ha....

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2