Building a Home in Davao

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Wow, then there is the price of the build or just a nippahut 

And building prices are higher there because of the location being out of the city. We are getting dinged on many things due to delivery fees...

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

S***! I wish you hadn't told me that. There is not a lot of traffic once you leave Mintal heading north toward Bukidnon... But there is a brand new Gaisano mall to the south of the town and another huge mall under construction just adjacent to Mintal... Traffic in the town is already a zoo most of the time and I hate to see what will happen when the new mall is completed. So many tricycles and nitwit Fortuner drivers!

I think that it will not create to big a problem traffic wise , the plots and houses will be beyond the budget of most 

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, bastonjock said:

I think that it will not create to big a problem traffic wise , the plots and houses will be beyond the budget of most 

You may well be right (I hope so!). It will take quite a while for something like that to really develop. However, I sure do see a lot of expensive cars tooling around this city. Admittedly, most or all are paid for with huge bank loans, but still... Some day they may pay off their loans then get even bigger loans for their McMansions here...?

• Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

You may well be right (I hope so!). It will take quite a while for something like that to really develop. However, I sure do see a lot of expensive cars tooling around this city. Admittedly, most or all are paid for with huge bank loans, but still... Some day they may pay off their loans then get even bigger loans for their McMansions here...?

I'm with you all the way on traffic ,I spent 16 years driving in and out of central London  , I sat down one day and calculated the amount of time I spent in traffic ,it amounted to about 2 years of my life , it was a sobering thought 

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, bastonjock said:

4 mill pesos for 300 sq meters ,the climate is a lot cooler up there

13,333 pesos/sqm. That is a bit expensive. I recall seeing building plots on the edge of Baguio going for 8k pesos/sqm 5 years ago.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Philippines real estate seems to have gotten really expensive, and its going up fast.

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Reboot said:

Philippines real estate seems to have gotten really expensive, and its going up fast.

That has been my experience also I regret to say.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Rhat has been my experience also I regret to say.

I bought a 700 SM lot just a couple of years ago and its doubled, and it's not near Davao or some other big city. Its Tandag, Surigao Del Sur.

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

10 years ago a nice plot on Bohol was great but Ems had other plans , now really a place to call our home is out of the question with the prices as they are, yes compared to other parts of the world you can get a great lot and house for your money , but I am getting older and who wants to look after such a large house and garden at that age.

• Like 2