Corona Virus

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

This COVID19 thing has shocked me even more than the Trade Center 9/11 attack. Hard to wrap your brain around it. Confusion abounds. Will it taper out and go away? Or is the worst yet to come? :mellow:

Take each day as it comes is all we can do, I try to listen to the news twice a day and social media I take with a pinch of salt and just keep myself busy , life has to go on .

• Like 3

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

This COVID19 thing has shocked me even more than the Trade Center 9/11 attack. Hard to wrap your brain around it. Confusion abounds. Will it taper out and go away? Or is the worst yet to come? :mellow:

Well if China is anything to go by, we are quite a way before things start to get better. I hear on the BBC, yesterday was the first day China has had no new reported cases. That is very good news but very probably puts us (the rest of the world) several weeks behind them at least. 

• Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

Well if China is anything to go by, we are quite a way before things start to get better. I hear on the BBC, yesterday was the first day China has had no new reported cases. That is very good news but very probably puts us (the rest of the world) several weeks behind them at least. 

Now China is saying that new cases are imported. Must be true if that's what they said right?:wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I read somewhere that the amount of quinine in bitter lemon drink is so small as to be useless for any malaria you might have, I suspect it would be the same for COVID-19... but hey it can't hurt.

FDA has banned Quinine in food and drinks, so it would be indeed useless to fight coronavirus.

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Huggybearman said:

Let's not lose sight of the message on that last sentence, reading the news coming out of the UK you'd be forgiven for thinking there is no end in sight but hey, it sells media lines. We see the epicentre of this thing 'recovering' in about 3 months, and that is a country that can hardly be called cutting edge in terms of healthcare etc. Do the right things, learn the lessons and we can all be looking at a similar 3- month timescale.

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Do the right things, learn the lessons and we can all be looking at a similar 3- month timescale.

Yes but most western countries aren’t doing the ‘right things’.

Bondi Beach in Sydney today was filled with thousands of people today all ignoring the ‘recommended social distancing’ guidelines.

While governments fail to mandate social isolation and instead merely recommend social distancing too many people will be selfish and the virus will continue to spread and increase and the cost in deaths will keep getting higher the longer that goes on.

http://‪ https://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/tourists-ignore-social-distancing-plea/3976925/‬

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I read somewhere that the amount of quinine in bitter lemon drink is so small as to be useless for any malaria you might have, I suspect it would be the same for COVID-19

Or it may be like Aspirin.  Initially used for a fever or headache or similar, the smallest pill (children's Aspirin) was about 325 mg.  So one would think 80 mg would be useless for preventing heart attacks and yet docs say that is all you need. 

• Hmm thinking 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Being part of the nhs mechanism, im getting to see things at ground level ,3 of the buildings i visit have now been deep cleaned 

Today at a medical center in middle england ,i witnesed for the second day in a trot people queuing for their meds ,this particular place you placed your prescription through the front door, chap all masked and gloved up ,then you went to the rear door and picked up your meds

Yesterday i droped off a friends prescription at another medical center and people were all sitting around next to each other ,tonight i pick up his meds and its just like normal at this other center 

Consistently is missing 

Tonight our pubs clubs and bars close ,the gov has promised to pay 80% of peoples salarys

They are talking about unprecedented levels of unemployment, all our major car plants are closing down , 

This is going to be a financial storm that no one will avoid 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Anyone ready to try cow urine for the corona virus or maybe a cow dung bath?   After all some "leaders" say it works.  :whistling: 

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2020-03-14/hindu-group-offers-cow-urine-in-a-bid-to-ward-off-coronavirus

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A Hindu group hosted a cow urine drinking party on Saturday as they believe it wards off the coronavirus, as many Hindus consider the cow sacred and some drink cow urine believing it has medicinal properties.

Experts have repeatedly asserted that cow urine does not cure illnesses like cancer and there is no evidence that it can prevent coronavirus.

The "party," hosted by a group called the Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha (All India Hindu Union) at its headquarters in the country's capital, was attended by 200 people, and the organizers hoped to host similar events elsewhere in India.

"We have been drinking cow urine for 21 years, we also take bath in cow dung. We have never felt the need to consume English medicine," said Om Prakash, a person who attended the party.

Chakrapani Maharaj, the chief of the All India Hindu Union, posed for photographs as he placed a spoon filled with cow urine near the face of a caricature of the coronavirus.

Leaders from Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Hindu nationalist party have advocated the use of cow urine as medicine and a cure for cancer.

A leader from India's north eastern state of Assam told state lawmakers earlier this month during an assembly session that cow urine and cow dung can be used to treat the coronavirus.

The pathogen, which has infected more than 138,000 people worldwide and left over 5,000 dead, has no known scientific cure and governments across the world are struggling to control the spread of the pandemic.

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)

Our son was telling us yesterday evening that the company he works for just sold two 200 lts reactors to Chine for producing a vaccine. 10 days from order to installation, that's going some, although he thinks the units were already in China. What he is a little surprised about is that they have gone straight to such large units as normally one would use the small millilitre units to get the heat and nutrient mixes right before going bulk. He thinks they must still be at stage 1, stage 3 would be a 20,000 trial. I guess we will be able to buy 200 lts reactors on alibaba in a week or two.

Edited by Gary D

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic