Corona Virus

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Reboot said:

It's my non-expert but well-informed opinion based on a good amount of evidence, that if you're in the Philippines, you'll be OK.

Okay... thanks Reboot, that is sort of reassuring... But if I catch this virus and it kills me, I am going to sue your ass!!!:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Let's hope our governments are not using the stats solely to develop their policies ; they are no more than an indication - kinda like traffic lights in the Philippines!  

Which rarely operate here in Davao!!!

• Haha 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Okay... thanks Reboot, that is sort of reassuring... But if I catch this virus and it kills me, I am going to sue your ass!!!:whistling:

I hope not Tommy T. We get no guarantees in this life. Stay safe and healthy brother! 

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I hope not Tommy T. We get no guarantees in this life. Stay safe and healthy brother! 

Actually two guarantees in life and I know you know them too - death and taxes! Thanks...

You, too, stay safe!

Edited by Tommy T.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Which rarely operate here in Davao!!!

We don't even have any in Dumaguete. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I've got the last remnants of a head/chest cold now that my daughter gave to me

It's a cold that's all. I've had a runny nose the last couple of days and it's starting to go away. Doctor AK says you are good to go.:goodluck_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Actually two guarantees in life and I know you know them too - death and taxes! Thanks...

You, too, stay safe!

Many countries are now delaying taxes - can they do the same with death? 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Reboot said:

The stats are far from perfect. Firstly, the confirmed cases are not reflective of the true rate of infection. That's almost certainly way higher. But they are enough to go on in terms of this being a serious situation.

I tend to take an optimistic view on the stats - the infection rate will be higher, but the fact that people are infected but don't know it is a good thing, no?  And the mortality is being calculated against confirmed rates so that will, in reality, be much lower. 

Regardless, the only real questions are how serious is it, and is it getting better or worse?  Even using the wrong denominators we can plot the trend.   

graham59
Posted
Posted

Ah well...as it was St.Paddy's Day yeaterday (and I am half Irish).... 

89476361_1697603330381032_6122330276761698304_n.jpg

• Haha 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

90502425_3093066410726478_6558737333863055360_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic