Corona Virus

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

It looks like a bit of a grim choice for you current  travelers... Take your chance with a growing disease epidemic or go where there is possibility of being shot down in a potential war zone. Please take care, however and wherever you and your loved ones go...

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
On 1/27/2020 at 2:21 PM, bastonjock said:

There are estimates that the numbers are much higher , people are transmitting the virus before they show any signs

Yes, viral diseases are contagious before fever or other symptoms appear. For this reason thermal scanners at airports or other entry points are feel-good measures.

• Sad 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

Yes, viral diseases are contagious before fever or other symptoms appear. For this reason thermal scanners at airports or other entry points are feel-good measures.

Traveling via other airports instead of China is also a feel-good measure in my opinion.  Whatever plane a person travels on will have a mixed bag of people who have traveled all over and the environment inside the plane is a microcosm of whatever illness they have.

Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances if you are travelling when a virus is circulating

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Still another 4 weeks+ left before out flight back to England via Hong Kong with Cathy Pacific, not sure if they may put out warnings or alternative flights, or we just stay here for longer , let’s wait and see.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Still another 4 weeks+ left before out flight back to England via Hong Kong with Cathy Pacific, not sure if they may put out warnings or alternative flights, or we just stay here for longer , let’s wait and see.

Another 4 months before we go back to the UK on Cathay Pacific, hopefully all blown over by then.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

If people want to do something that has a chance of reducing their chance of viral infection (works not just the new corona virus but also Influenza, SARS, MERS and similar) then following the WHO recommendations is a good start (I've linked the information below),.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

If people want to do something that has a chance of reducing their chance of viral infection (works not just the new corona virus but also Influenza, SARS, MERS and similar) then following the WHO recommendations is a good start (I've linked the information below),.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public

After reading this, that’s what I do everyday.

Edited by stevewool
Capital letter
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The past three times have flown commercial I came down with the regular flu.  I am sure not going to start flying while this strain is going around.  For me at least airplanes are like a giant flying petri dish. :Mad:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

following the WHO recommendations is a good start

Makes sense to me, however there is nothing on that page about wearing a face mask.  Are all the Asians and TV shows with doctors and nurses wearing masks all wrong?  

Here is a link to what Huffpost has to say about it and the conclusion they come to is Face masks can help, to a degree.

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic