Annoying Local Behavior

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Nickleback99 said:

From the driving by some and scooter riding by most, I'd say those I've vented about and those you mention simply......Don't ......Care.   They couldn't care Less about someone else's safety.  Ironic thing is the ones on scooters are ones that end up as road pizza, not the guy in the car, truck or SUV they pulled in front of or cut off just to the stop right in front of the one they cut off to make a turn.    Ones in the usually trucks and SUV's running others off the road just to pass, etc also.....Don't...Care. 

I agree. It's that same me me me mentality... I really don't get it... And neither does L... who is full blooded Filipina.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 3/18/2023 at 11:28 AM, Freebie said:

When I realise how irritating these endless guards everywhere are, I think maybe Ive been here too long.

Yep your right. Once it gets to you its time to move on. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

What cheeses me off and happens often is, the elevator door opens on the ground floor for me to get out but can't do it as the Filipinos are forcing their way in as if they will miss the next ride if they don't get in.

In the past day, it happened twice and l felt like pushing them aside but have to go with the flow. 

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What cheeses me off and happens often is, the elevator door opens on the ground floor for me to get out but can't do it as the Filipinos are forcing their way in as if they will miss the next ride if they don't get in.

In the past day, it happened twice and l felt like pushing them aside but have to go with the flow. 

It happens on buses here as well, Ceres etc and even on jeepneys.  Before we bought our car I used buses and jeeps a lot rather than trikes as it was easier on my back.  

Before I left Australia I was the local operations manager for an urban transit company that did route buses, you know the type, you wait at a bus stop, the bus comes, you get where you want to go.  Occasionally I'd have to go drive the routes to fill-in for short-notice absences until an off-duty driver could be called to come in for overtime; it happened more regularly after we bought in 100%  breath testing before a driver's shift start (0% alcohol to drive paid passenger vehicles in Queensland).  Sometimes you'd get these self-entitled wankers that were more important than anyone else and try to board before people had disembarked.  I'd just close the door on them and let the people out the rear door, then let them on.  

Given the way Ceres drivers drive, you'd think they'd do something similar, but no.  On the jeeps the same by the guy taking the fares.  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Every time!!!! Good call. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

It happens on buses here as well, Ceres etc and even on jeepneys.  Before we bought our car I used buses and jeeps a lot rather than trikes as it was easier on my back.  

Before I left Australia I was the local operations manager for an urban transit company that did route buses, you know the type, you wait at a bus stop, the bus comes, you get where you want to go.  Occasionally I'd have to go drive the routes to fill-in for short-notice absences until an off-duty driver could be called to come in for overtime; it happened more regularly after we bought in 100%  breath testing before a driver's shift start (0% alcohol to drive paid passenger vehicles in Queensland).  Sometimes you'd get these self-entitled wankers that were more important than anyone else and try to board before people had disembarked.  I'd just close the door on them and let the people out the rear door, then let them on.  

Given the way Ceres drivers drive, you'd think they'd do something similar, but no.  On the jeeps the same by the guy taking the fares.  

3 hours ago, Old55 said:

Every time!!!! Good call. 

That's a funny thing - this was my biggest bugbear in Hong Kong but it almost never happens here in our place. Coincidentally, it happened last Sunday and it was memorable because it was so rare.  

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Once it gets to you its time to move on.

That is kinda where I am at, mainly with the driving.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

as the Filipinos are forcing their way in as if they will miss the next ride if they don't get in.

I'm trying to train my kids not to do that, so I make them stand back and wait for the riders to exit.  A few time Filipinos pushed in front of us as we politely waited, and got my best dirty look or a few choice words.  However, in our SMs here in Olongapo, people are not too bad.  There are elevator operators that help a bit.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

No sure if this has been mentioned.  Some people, and maybe this is usually family, are so bold to just flat our ask for something.  Like a gift, but for no occasion.  My wife has one sister who does this, semi-jokingly.

Our neighbor has a stay-out maid that my wife talks to sometimes and my wife is nice to her.  Yesterday my wife gave her a piece of cake, and the first words out of her mouth were "Does it come with a drink?".  No manners.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

No sure if this has been mentioned.  Some people, and maybe this is usually family, are so bold to just flat our ask for something.  Like a gift, but for no occasion.  My wife has one sister who does this, semi-jokingly.

Our neighbor has a stay-out maid that my wife talks to sometimes and my wife is nice to her.  Yesterday my wife gave her a piece of cake, and the first words out of her mouth were "Does it come with a drink?".  No manners.

I mentioned it a few pages back - the words Thank You are not as commonly used here as I'm used to.  Of all the things that irritate me here, that is probably the one that irks me most as it tends to suggest entitlement and expectation. 

• Like 2