Annoying Local Behavior

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

As for the driving thing and regarding the jack@sses that pass and force others off road and/or force their way in one car ahead, I've started verbally giving out  Arsehole of the Day Awards.....When they do it, I yell inside the car, "You win the F'ing A**hole of the Day Award!"   Makes me feel better and vented or less stressed actually.   I gave out Four of those awards yesterday on trip to and from Dumaguete :shades:,  All being pick up trucks, but couldn't tell you if it was a local or an expat. :thumbsup:

Another peeve is the moron who can't pick a lane and down here thru Bacong and Dauin where there are 4 lanes, frequently see a car going slower than most of us literally straddling the line down the middle of their car and blocking both lanes and not moving even if give them a few courtesy horn toots, causing a road hazatd situation obvious to most everyone else. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Possum
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Nickleback99 said:

Another peeve is the moron who can't pick a lane and down here thru Bacong and Dauin where there are 4 lanes, frequently see a car going slower than most of us literally straddling the line down the middle of their car and blocking both lanes and not moving even if give them a few courtesy horn toots, causing a road hazatd situation obvious to most everyone else. 

Nah, not obvious to most everyone, some think that means they can do the same thing. Countless times I have been on the SLEX and seen people going 100kph and decide to cross from the left lane to the exit lane within 50 meters. There is no mandatory driver education and no practical driving test in order to get a license to drive. Add to that equation the complete lack of law enforcement outside of the major metro areas and chaos becomes the norm. The only reason there are not many fatal accidents is the roads are so bad or so crowded speed cannot be attained except by the organ donors on motorcycles. I have been here long enough to consider any trip a form of entertainment as in, what kind of ignorant crap will I see today? So far the most entertaining was a motorcycle carrying 4 people. A child on the back, a woman ahead of the child, the driver carrying a dog in one hand and then a child on the gas tank. None had on helmets and were going down the main street of the provincial capital past the two traffic "enforcers" who were standing around that day. I have a dash cam and rear cam. One of these days I am going to make a compilation of actual daily driving as most people don't believe what I tell them.

• Like 4

Gator
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, JJReyes said:

I believe this gesture in Italian means, "You make me want to throw up."

I only know it to mean something else, namely: “F*%* Off”. Especially when accompanied by the expression “Va fangool”. 

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Subic Enerzone does not have online payment anywhere including BPI, but I am able to pay it with Maya.  Maya has a huge list of electric and other utilities that they can handle.

Subic Enerzone is also on GCash. They too have a long list of utility companies in their Billers section. 

RBM
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Freebie said:

Why does a BPI bank need two guards on the inside, two on the outside of a door  , all 4 of them looking sternly  at you to determine risk before they graciously allow you into their inner sanctum.....then ignore you totally.

Similar to the gestapo  like management of our complex, its just a power game....give them a tiny bit of authority and......................

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Today I encountered an annoying habit.  It's not unique to Filipinos, but there are a lot of it here.  The restaurant seating by the wall is one continues cushioned seat over plywood.  The guy next to me crosses his leg and it starts shaking violently.  No disability, just mindless shaking.  Tried crossing my legs and also shaking.  Couldn't do it.  Tried slightly getting up and bouncing hard on the cushioned seat to signal him to stop.  No luck.  He had ordered an espresso with plans to sip it over one hour while exercising one leg.  Finally, I signaled the waiter and had my meal moved to another table.  Totally inconsiderate.  (While eating, my wife walks around the mall to complete her 6 miles per day.)

Maybe this guy had Parkinson......Not nice, my brother suffers from it.

RBM
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Nickleback99 said:

As for the driving thing and regarding the jack@sses that pass and force others off road and/or force their way in one car ahead, I've started verbally giving out  Arsehole of the Day Awards.....When they do it, I yell inside the car, "You win the F'ing A**hole of the Day Award!"   Makes me feel better and vented or less stressed actually.   I gave out Four of those awards yesterday on trip to and from Dumaguete :shades:,  All being pick up trucks, but couldn't tell you if it was a local or an expat. :thumbsup:

Truly understand as did live in Dumaguete many moons ago. Hated that drive between Dumaguete and  Dauin especially at night, Morons does not even come close......

Doing a lot of driving and hiking my number 1 pet hate is the total ignorance of pedestrian crossings......Bacolod they totall ignored, even outside schools.

My pet love while driving, every time I spot a person near a crossing I stop let them through, wow do i receive some toots.....Encouraging me to wait longer and drive slower.....Makes my day

Edited by RBM
spelling
  • Like 5

Joey G
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, RBM said:

Hated that drive between Dumaguete and  Dauin especially at night

Speaking of night driving... why in the world people do so many people drive around at night with no headlights, or just their parking lights on ???? Are they saving their headlight bulbs???? This is in Eastern Samar... so maybe a local thing (???).  I'll have some Havarati with my "whine", thanks 

• Like 4

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Joey G said:

Speaking of night driving... why in the world people do so many people drive around at night with no headlights, or just their parking lights on ???? Are they saving their headlight bulbs???? This is in Eastern Samar... so maybe a local thing (???).  I'll have some Havarati with my "whine", thanks 

Not local as is a common thing here in Negros as well.  I think some of it is no money to do anything other than buy gas, but no maintenance or replacement of lights, parts, etc....and they do the no lights of any kind at night here while driving up the wrong dang side of the highway, because hey! what else would the right lane be for?:bonk:

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Maybe this guy had Parkinson......Not nice, my brother suffers from it.

Nope.  Parkinson trembling would have been different.  Just being totally inconsiderate.