Annoying Local Behavior

RBM
Posted
Posted

Annoying behavior last night eating at an average resto, alone as partner away a few days. End of the meal, felt what seemed like a leaf in mouth, hooked it out, turned out to be a corner of a plastic bag........Guess from where........... Did i complain, years would of made a fuss, now just move on, meal was good though for a chicken sisig.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

so I gave him the middle finger straight up and erect.

Any suggestions from you folks on what you would do in the situation?

Really a very bad idea. Remember that, regardless of your visa status, you are still a guest in this country. Their rules and customs are very different from those elsewhere. Always keep a low profile and wave and smile to even the most asinine you may encounter.

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Even to pay our water and electric we have to go to a agency and line up to get that done.

There is no online payment system for those . Not even for the internet.

such is life in the province.

Yeah, must be the province as everything is paid online here in Cebu city for me. Have you looked at Billers from your online banking? 

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Remember where you are and stop trying to change your ways of life into another culture. Probably live longer that way. 

Well my question  is this normal behaviour in the Philippines. Or just reserved for the provinces?

I am not trying to change anything, maybe trying to understand the idiots. What gave you that impression 

Freebie
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Use an unknown hand gesture such as a fist and rolling your other hand's fingers and palm around it.  He doesn't know whether it's an insult or explanation.  He will be thinking about it all day.  I previously used two fingers pointing to the ground, but later found out that in some cultures it's an insult.  It means you have STD and leak urine.

I often use the fingers under the chin ( fingers nail side up, swiping chin from adams apple  area out to tip of chin ) .. Its a good Greek insult....makes me feel better even if other person doesnt know what it is. They can probably get the gist thats its not a pleasantry.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Well my question  is this normal behaviour in the Philippines. Or just reserved for the provinces?

I am not trying to change anything, maybe trying to understand the idiots. What gave you that impression 

Simple, try not to get upset over things and go with the flow. Making finger sings may cause you more trouble than its worth. 

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Freebie said:

I often use the fingers under the chin ( fingers nail side up, swiping chin from adams apple  area out to tip of chin ) .. Its a good Greek insult....makes me feel better even if other person doesnt know what it is. They can probably get the gist thats its not a pleasantry.

I believe this gesture in Italian means, "You make me want to throw up."

• Like 3

Freebie
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Any suggestions from you folks on what you would do in the situation?

1 minute ago, JJReyes said:

I believe this gesture in Italian means, "You make me want to throw up."

Many gestures have different meanings in different countries.....putting thumb and index finger in a circle means A OK in some places.. in South America it generally means small penis. 

Thumb and index finger separated by a few millimetres again, refers to miniscule Asian/Filipino  male genitalia. They know exactly what it means.

• Haha 1