Annoying Local Behavior

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Yes and No. To varying degrees but not to anything like the level we talk to them at.  I had a run-in with Globe in their store on Sunday (a story for another time) and had to step back from the 'discussion' when I realised we were talking the same language but not at the same level so it may as well have been a different language.  I often think I'm having a great dialogue with a sales staff and then a different item appears than I expected - Yes doesn't always mean yes but No always mean no!

Just wait until you deal with someone that speaks fluent American. :whistling:

https://fb.watch/jhpj4AQTuS/?mibextid=1YhcI9R

• Haha 5

Viking
Posted
Posted
On 3/14/2023 at 1:25 PM, azntravlr said:

You don’t have to be fluent to be able to understand common words. They answer the question incorrectly. They can mix up the how when where whys. Most locals can speak english. Also when you try to ask them something they just say yes sir. Than they don’t really answer your question. 

Many people don't understand as good as we think. They don't really answer the question, that's why we get so confused, hahaha.

• Like 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, melissaharper said:

I hate it when people walking  "three steps " ahead of me suddenly stop and block the path. I mean, they can clearly see that they have blocked the way but don't care.

Is this in the Philippines?? :tiphat:

• Haha 1

Patryk
Posted
Posted

For me irritating is to get something official done here. It tooks me 4 visits at LTO to convert my driving licence. They could tell me all the steps, but instead of this I got " do this and then we will talk". nobody cares if you can do it faster and it cost them literally nothing. It also cost them nothing if you will come back few times and will lose time and money. No change at all.

I remember once when I was walking the street there was motorbike stuck in traffic, on my only way to go.  I asked him if he could move a bit forward ,this is place where he would drive anyway, and engine was still running so it is not like I am asking for some effort. He said "no". So I got to wait for green light so they can all move... Luckily for this guy that wasn't long as footage from this event could end up on YouTube under "road rage" category. 

I still don't get it why people don't do things to help others when it cost them no effort. 

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I am of the opinion that nothing, absolutely nothing is easy in the Philippines.

Even to pay our water and electric we have to go to a agency and line up to get that done.

There is no online payment system for those . Not even for the internet.

such is life in the province.

On Sunday the power is going out just as there is an expected heat wave.

I am done venting.

Thanks

• Like 2

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, melissaharper said:

I hate it when people walking  "three steps " ahead of me suddenly stop and block the path. I mean, they can clearly see that they have blocked the way but don't care.

"Don't care" seems to be the key, unless they are simply clueless to what they are doing, but I think the former.  Really hard to wrap my head around it.  That said, my last few yrs in WA state, seemed I saw a lot more the same thing and if walking towards me taking up the whole walk way, I'd just stop and look at them with palms up gesture of "what the heck are you doing and where do you expect me to go?", but I don't do that here other then to just stop in place and wait. 

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Patryk said:

I still don't get it why people don't do things to help others when it cost them no effort. 

The phrase, "It is what it is.", comes to mind.  I've given up trying to understand most of it at this point.  As Spock would say, "It's illogical."

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Over the years I have spent more time in airports than I care to remember, Malaysia, Singapore and I have come to the conclusion that they have no peripheral vision or just deaf because they are not aware of their surroundings.

Dont you just love it when the aircraft turns off the seatbelt sign an there is a mad rush to get off the plane as if the a bomb is about to go off, they are in the terminal they stop dead.

As they slowly walk up the passageway I have on occasions tripped them up,”oops sorry “ 

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Touché Tommy

• Haha 2