Annoying Local Behavior

mountainside
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I had a litre of paint and some hose washers

Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined trying to hire a structural engineer as a live-in helper.  But now you've got me thinking . . .

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Nickleback99 said:

no regard for anyone else's safety.   The words "Dumb Arss" come out of my mouth at least 40x per day

Key words.

This morning on the way to school with my 3 daughters in the car, at a 4 way intersection in which I have not stop and the cross traffic has stop signs, I almost hit a motorcycle who never stopped at the stop sign.  I had to hit the brakes hard, throwing my kids and their school bags around.  I know the intersection well (it is the gate to our subdivision) and I know to expect the unexpected, but this dumbass did the worst possible thing, just because he was in a hurry to get his female backrider to work.  Of course if I would have hit them, it would have been my fault.

I have to drive a lot everyday, with 3 kids in school and other things.  My wife drives sometimes.  This stuff happens multiple times everyday.  The Subic Bay Freeport is supposed to be a Traffic Discipline Zone.  That is a joke because there is very little enforcement and all the locals know it.

Since my kids started back to face to face school, it has really gotten to me.  One of the reasons we are leaving.  I love driving but when I have to yell "dumbass" most of the day, it takes all the fun out of it.

They just don't care.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I love driving but when I have to yell "dumbass" most of the day, it takes all the fun out of it.

Yes OMW  but they say if you are not ranting at other drivers you don't have your eye on the Road :mellow:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
On 3/7/2023 at 4:43 AM, mountainside said:

But as was pointed out to me, these morons have no hesitation in shooting you if they are provoked.

• Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

One of the reasons we are leaving.  I love driving but when I have to yell "dumbass" most of the day, it takes all the fun out of it.

I used to love driving, but here I appreciate being driven. It's not only cheap, it's easy thanks to the elites allowing Grab to steal Uber's business.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes OMW  but they say if you are not ranting at other drivers you don't have your eye on the Road :mellow:

I need mores eyes! :smile:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Key words.

This morning on the way to school with my 3 daughters in the car, at a 4 way intersection in which I have not stop and the cross traffic has stop signs, I almost hit a motorcycle who never stopped at the stop sign.  I had to hit the brakes hard, throwing my kids and their school bags around.  I know the intersection well (it is the gate to our subdivision) and I know to expect the unexpected, but this dumbass did the worst possible thing, just because he was in a hurry to get his female backrider to work.  Of course if I would have hit them, it would have been my fault.

I have to drive a lot everyday, with 3 kids in school and other things.  My wife drives sometimes.  This stuff happens multiple times everyday.  The Subic Bay Freeport is supposed to be a Traffic Discipline Zone.  That is a joke because there is very little enforcement and all the locals know it.

Since my kids started back to face to face school, it has really gotten to me.  One of the reasons we are leaving.  I love driving but when I have to yell "dumbass" most of the day, it takes all the fun out of it.

They just don't care.

Just think of it like being part of some demented video game. 

• Haha 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

There's too many good looking women here!

I know we all become a little used to seeing short, long-haired attractive women so most go mainly unnoticed.  Until they don't...

We were in Hypermart in Dumaguete months ago, I was in the pet section and AM was next door at the hardware before they revamped the place.  For personal safety reasons I don't tend to give more than a passing glance to women in even in my direct line of site until the day I did.  She just drew the eye, I couldn't help myself, it was almost a double-take situation; one of the most beautiful women I'd seen in a long time, I couldn't help but look.  

Then I glanced over at the registers and there's AM, looking at me... Looking at this young lady.... The ensuing conversation was ummm, interesting, but to AM's credit she ended it with a  laugh and said "Lovey, I'd be worried if you weren't looking, every other guy in the place was as well".  

Bloody annoying the amount of attractive women here!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

I'd be worried if you weren't looking, every other guy in the place was as well". 

Those are the ones they're just waiting to catch you looking at, it gets funny when you notice them looking at you right in the eye.

• Like 1