Annoying Local Behavior

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Old55 said:

Just think of it like being part of some demented video game. 

Thats funny....I used to say in 90's it was like playing some arcade game like Pac Man and told my wife since here that driving here  is my only video game I need to play since I haven't played the modern vid games since the old "Crash Bandicoot" on PS1.  Yeah, I'm officially an old fart! :morning1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

azntravlr
Posted
Posted

When they can't comprehend what your trying to tell them. They could confuse one word with something else. Or they could be selling you something you don't want and they assure you that it's what you're looking for when it's not the exact item.

As far as noise like blasting karaoke thats culture, not much you can do. Cutting in line is problematic as I seen it a bunch. However with all of this it's never wise to argue or be threatening towards locals as it can get dangerous. Making them 'lose face' is about the worse thing you can do as a kano. We are all guest here.

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, azntravlr said:

When they can't comprehend what your trying to tell them. They could confuse one word with something else. Or they could be selling you something you don't want and they assure you that it's what you're looking for when it's not the exact item.

I agree with most of what you said but the quoted part makes me wonder.

Did you speak to them in their own native language? If not, I actually don't think we can complain. We can't expect everyone to be fluent in English.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

azntravlr
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Viking said:

I agree with most of what you said but the quoted part makes me wonder.

Did you speak to them in their own native language? If not, I actually don't think we can complain. We can't expect everyone to be fluent in English.

You don’t have to be fluent to be able to understand common words. They answer the question incorrectly. They can mix up the how when where whys. Most locals can speak english. Also when you try to ask them something they just say yes sir. Than they don’t really answer your question. 

azntravlr
Posted
Posted
On 3/9/2023 at 4:05 AM, Viking said:

I find it annoying that many stores have products on display that but no stock, and they don't sell the one they have on display either! Why have something on display if they can't sell it???

When asking staff in stores if they have an item the answer is often, sorry sir, we don't have that. Surprisingly often I find the item by myself and I can't understand why it's like this. Are they just lazy or ignorant?

It feels like there are a million employees inside the SM Hypermarket but only a few cashier with long lines as a result.

Our Hypermarket has no system at all for used carts and baskets at the cashier. As a result people just leave their carts where they are and it's often total chaos!

Their common saying is “not in stock” sometimes that ain’t true they could just be lazy and not want to do the job. 

• Like 4

melissaharper
Posted
Posted

I hate it when people walking  "three steps " ahead of me suddenly stop and block the path. I mean, they can clearly see that they have blocked the way but don't care.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, melissaharper said:

I mean, they can clearly see that they have blocked the way but don't care.

Of course not there is no one in front of them :tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 3/14/2023 at 1:25 PM, azntravlr said:

Most locals can speak english.  

Yes and No. To varying degrees but not to anything like the level we talk to them at.  I had a run-in with Globe in their store on Sunday (a story for another time) and had to step back from the 'discussion' when I realised we were talking the same language but not at the same level so it may as well have been a different language.  I often think I'm having a great dialogue with a sales staff and then a different item appears than I expected - Yes doesn't always mean yes but No always mean no!

• Like 2