Annoying Local Behavior

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Personally I just shrug my shoulders and move on.  

But coming down an escalator and there are a group of people at the bottom of the escalator blocking you. GET THE F AWAY FROM THERE.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Why does a BPI bank need two guards on the inside, two on the outside of a door  , all 4 of them looking sternly  at you to determine risk before they graciously allow you into their inner sanctum.....then ignore you totally.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Freebie said:

Why does a BPI bank need two guards on the inside, two on the outside of a door  , all 4 of them looking sternly  at you to determine risk before they graciously allow you into their inner sanctum.....then ignore you totally.

I suggest you try another bank, honestly... Two are probably guarding each other and the other two are guarding the first two... Note also that none of them carries a loaded weapon!

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Viking said:

Luckily for me, the salary is affordable, unlike in Sweden. Here one week of work cost the same as I would have to pay for one HOUR in Sweden!!!

Something we often forget, myself included.  And the standard of workmanship in our own countries is not necessarily commensurate with the payment.  

In short, you get what you pay for but not always!

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yeah, must be the province as everything is paid online here in Cebu city for me. Have you looked at Billers from your online banking? 

Subic Enerzone does not have online payment anywhere including BPI, but I am able to pay it with Maya.  Maya has a huge list of electric and other utilities that they can handle.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I am old and notably stupid... So I just blunder into the group as if they weren't there... 

I'm not convinced that's any better than giving the middle finger IMHO:whistling:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Today I encountered an annoying habit.  It's not unique to Filipinos, but there are a lot of it here.  The restaurant seating by the wall is one continues cushioned seat over plywood.  The guy next to me crosses his leg and it starts shaking violently.  No disability, just mindless shaking.  Tried crossing my legs and also shaking.  Couldn't do it.  Tried slightly getting up and bouncing hard on the cushioned seat to signal him to stop.  No luck.  He had ordered an espresso with plans to sip it over one hour while exercising one leg.  Finally, I signaled the waiter and had my meal moved to another table.  Totally inconsiderate.  (While eating, my wife walks around the mall to complete her 6 miles per day.)

• Like 4

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, JJReyes said:

The guy next to me crosses his leg and it starts shaking violently.  No disability, just mindless shaking.  Tried crossing my legs and also shaking. 

Yeah I hate that... another pet peeve of mine is paying extra for an aisle seat (or a window seat in a plane) and some random dude ends up in the middle and proceeds to man spread into the aisle seats area and the window seats area.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2