Split or Windowtype Aircon?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Now Tom do you me within us the members or the Profession itself ?:whatever:

Hmmm... Sorry Jack... Perhaps you are a professional in aircon?... I was just saying about myself in particular. I imagine there are a few other members here who are also not professionals in the trade?...

Edited by Tommy T.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Hmmm... Sorry Jack... Perhaps you are a professional in aircon?... I was just saying about myself in particular. I imagine there are a few other members here who are also not professionals in the trade?...

It was a question Tom but I see you still like to talk with a forked  tongue:wink: you made it sound like we  (the members) all talk like professionals whilst know Little, I can tell you matey that I and many others here have Built rebuilt and have watched so many things, I do feel we actually know more about things  that the Pro's and I feel that is what you are getting at :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

It was a question Tom

Tom My Friend maybe I was a bit harsh there on my Post so I apologize But I would appreciate it if You don't understand My questions, that you say so instead of just Firing back an answer that practically means Little and gets turned :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I know people love the inverter type, but I did HVAC/R work for 25 years and I prefer the regular units. When the inverters mess up, they are much more expensive to get fixed - and here in the PIs, good luck on finding qualified craftsmen.   I like the split systems because they seem to cool better, but I like the window unit because it is louder. I have a lot of "neighbor" noise to drown out.  (I really need to get back to the peace & quiet of the city)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

It was a question Tom but I see you still like to talk with a forked  tongue:wink: you made it sound like we  (the members) all talk like professionals whilst know Little, I can tell you matey that I and many others here have Built rebuilt and have watched so many things, I do feel we actually know more about things  that the Pro's and I feel that is what you are getting at :thumbsup:

So sorry, Jack. I meant no disrespect to you or any members here. Yeah... maybe sometimes my words come out stronger or differently than my mind formulates them.... I know I have some strong opinions about some things and, for sure, they are only sometimes right.

Believe me, after sailing for over 20 years, I found so many cruisers who knew more about systems than any so-called professionals. I watched guys working on my yacht and actually had to advise them to do things a bit differently than they were doing... That was not easy to say to them because I did not want to bruise egos...

I was meaning to say that a "professional" might be the one to consult for aircon installation. I should have also said that does not mean that a "professional" here knows much at all...

So the long and short of this is that, for sure, Jack, there are many guys here who know more than "professionals" in many fields. I just meant to suggest that anyone should check around and get as much information, advice and knowledge as possible, then make their own decisions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Jack, there are many guys here who know more than "professionals"

There are many, many Topics on AC here and the Last was oddly enough by me. 

Here you will find that it was I who had be to the Person to tell the Power company and the Manufacturer + the Supplier what was wrong, this I have learned from many bad issues butand taking advice from many members here, we ( and certainly not me) are not experts in a lot of things BUT we have to learn from our mistakes and others members mishaps, it is the way we move forward, We don't try and teach Grannys to sucks But..............................:tiphat:

Normal service is now resumed :smile:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Tom My Friend maybe I was a bit harsh there on my Post so I apologize But I would appreciate it if You don't understand My questions, that you say so instead of just Firing back an answer that practically means Little and gets turned :thumbsup:

Jack... No apology necessary. It is me who should apologize to you and the membership here.

I know also that my replies do not always address exactly the point of the topic... Guilty... But I always try to respond to comments or questions as honestly and completely as possible - that is why some of my replies are so ridiculously long and convoluted... that's just the way I (unfortunately) am. And often, my mind runs so much faster than my fingers on the keyboard here...

Jack... I should further state that, in some fields, like refrigeration, diesel engines, sailing rigging, wood finishing, fishing, navigation, electrics (12, 120, 240 volt), electronics, radio, meteorology, I feel that I maybe have some expertise - but am no "expert" - and don't always trust those so-called professionals. But I am not going to express all my thoughts or feelings here unless someone specifically asks and I will always try to disclaim my comments that these are my experiences and beliefs, not necessarily any truths... I am definitely not the know it all, sees all... not even close... The main thing with me is that I am always learning, and I love learning!.

Without intending to sound demeaning to your name, but using the old saw - I think I could be called a Jack of all trades, but master of none...... nuff said? (or too much again?:smile:)

Edited by Tommy T.

Viking
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

So the long and short of this is that, for sure, Jack, there are many guys here who know more than "professionals" in many fields. I just meant to suggest that anyone should check around and get as much information, advice and knowledge as possible, then make their own decisions.

And this is exactly what I am doing by asking questions here. I also collect information from other sources as well. :thumbsup:

And Tommy, I see no need for you to appologize for what you said, cant understand why some are so sensitive :89:

I appreciate yours and everybody elses opinions about this, many thanks to all!

Edited by Viking
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Viking said:

And Tommy, I see no need for you to appologize for what you said, cant understand why some are so sensitive :89:

NO ONE asked Tom to apologize he did that all on his own, Viking mate you really do need to keep up, Sensitive some are not when people know when they are a little OTT :wink: No need for the Stirring :1927_:

Edited by Jack Peterson

Viking
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

NO ONE asked Tom to apologize he did that all on his own, Viking mate you really do need to keep up, Sensitive some are not when people know when they are a little OTT :wink: No need for the Stirring :1927_:

I didn´t say that someone asked him for an apology, I just said that I didn´t see that there was a need for Tom to apologize for anything of what he said. Who needs to keep up? :whistling:

Enaugh of this from my side. I am here to get advices and many members have helped me. I appreciate that very much!

• Thanks 2
  • Love it 1