Corona Virus

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: When I was a young Teenager, my Grandfather( as I would think all ours) Said many things we probably never understood really at the time, one thing I do remember was that he told us " Beware the sleeping Giant" In those days of the Cold war I guess we all thought as many others AH! he means RUSSIA but I tend to think now, that was not the case at all, seems that other Giant has emerged  :shades:

RBM
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: When I was a young Teenager, my Grandfather( as I would think all ours) Said many things we probably never understood really at the time, one thing I do remember was that he told us " Beware the sleeping Giant" In those days of the Cold war I guess we all thought as many others AH! he means RUSSIA but I tend to think now, that was not the case at all, seems that other Giant has emerged  :shades:

Strange Jack we were just discussing Russia, seems not a lot of news about the Corona there.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, RBM said:

Strange Jack we were just discussing Russia, seems not a lot of news about the Corona there.

:89: Food for thought? :whistling:

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

In Russia, Putin sprinkles a little corona virus on his breakfast, before going on a bare-chested horse ride to kill a wild boar with his knife. 

• Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Did you all notice this ironic little article?

China's new COVID-19 cases rise on infections from abroad

BEIJING: China has reported an uptick in new confirmed cases of COVID-19 infections, reversing four straight days of declines, driven by infected individuals arriving from abroad.

China had 24 new confirmed cases on Tuesday, the National Health Commission said on Wednesday (Mar 11), up from 19 cases a day earlier.

Beijing's city government reported six new confirmed cases of the coronavirus involving individuals who came from Italy and the United States, Chinese state television said.

If there was a "pot and kettle" medal they would surely win it for this article.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

All travel Europe to U.S. is now stopped, with some exceptions.  The travel industry is getting hit hard.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I wonder which will be the first major airline to crash.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I wonder which will be the first major airline to crash.

Unfortunate choice of words! :smile:

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
Just now, hk blues said:

Unfortunate choice of words! :smile:

Yes I thought that as I was typing, then thought yer why not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I was just playing with some statistics. I am not making a prediction, but rather envisioning a bit of a nasty scenario.

According to some, the infection rate of all people is expected to reach 60-70% in Germany alone. If one extrapolates this and takes it out hypothetically using the higher infection rate of 70% and runs it against the total world population of 7.7 billion (as of April last year), that gives a number of 5.39 billions who "may" become infected. How's that for a scary thought?

Of those, maybe take another number of 2- 3 % dying and the total death rate "could" be from 107.8 to 159 million world wide. That would certainly be a big hit.

Yep...lots of ifs and several assumptions and I am fully aware (having worked for the US government in the past) that anyone can make a point or prove almost anything with "statistics." But I was just running these thoughts through my thick skull since there wasn't anything interesting on TV and L is still at work...

I was a bit shocked to read the news today regarding major event cancellations and school closures in USA, Italy, Manila and elsewhere. It's about time someone took this thing seriously, but it is also a bit too late, in my opinion...just saying...

• Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic