Corona Virus

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Italy getting it bad, 2300 new cases & 196 more deaths today. 827 total deaths, 1,045 recovered:huh:.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Only one man is reported to have it in Dumaguete

He started showing symptoms on Mar 3rd and was wandering around normally until just recently when he was put in an isolation ward.  Wonder how many are next in Dumaguete.  Give it about a week and we will find out.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
  • Sad 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

It has been covered in a few of these threads I believe, but almost all the deaths that have occurred have been age 60+

Whew.  Nice to know it only kills old people.  Wait a minute, me and all my friends are old people.  The governor of Washington State is taking it seriously.  He is on Komo news now saying they taking extreme measures and if the young people don't follow instructions they could end up killing their grandfather.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Only one man is reported to have it in Dumaguete

He started showing symptoms on Mar 3rd and was wandering around normally until just recently when he was put in an isolation ward.  Wonder how many are next in Dumaguete.  Give it about a week and we will find out.

My wife's cousin was at that conference in Manila with him and was meant to come and stay with us in Bataan for a couple of days but decided to go straight back to Dumageute. Could have dodged a bullet there.

• Like 2

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

My wife's cousin was at that conference in Manila with him and was meant to come and stay with us in Bataan for a couple of days but decided to go straight back to Dumageute. Could have dodged a bullet there.

I guess we should anticipate inter-island travel limits soon.  Better plan accordingly.  

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

I guess we should anticipate inter-island travel limits soon.  Better plan accordingly.  

Are you serious?

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, RBM said:

Are you serious?

Sure, you don't think the local govts. will take steps?  I'm not the one panicking here, but they will be under a lot of pressure to 'do something'.  Several weeks ago the island of Guimaras instituted a policy that you needed a health clearance to step onto the island.  Provinces issue their own limits on meat coming from other islands all the time, so I could easily see travel limits as a response to Corona. 

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Edgar Allan Poe's  'The masque of the Red Death'  has been coming to mind lately.  Do we have our own Prince Prosperos ?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Whew.  Nice to know it only kills old people.  Wait a minute, me and all my friends are old people.  The governor of Washington State is taking it seriously.  He is on Komo news now saying they taking extreme measures and if the young people don't follow instructions they could end up killing their grandfather.

Seattle has closed all schools starting Thursday. it's likely all schools in Western Washington will close Friday. Boeing and the IAM are in talks about that possibility as well. Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook and other local tech company's have reduced workforce and instituted work from home if possible. 

I'm not well enough informed to know what the best choices are but until now have gone out normally we just wash our hands often.

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic