Knock on effect of the virus

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

From what I can gather in some cases the virus is in mild form, although persons with underlying medical problems or the elderly would experience  more severe conditions.

My local hospital has had it's second entourage of overseas repatriated  quarantees, three of whom have proved positive for the virus.

My concerns now are, that well over a hundred British holiday makers are confined to a Hotel in Tenerife (Canary Islands ) because four Italian tourist have proved positive staying at the

same hotel. Time will tell if they are allowed to return to UK,  my question being, will they too arrive at my local hospital?

I just hope and pray that the nursing staff looking after these patients are given the best protection to deal with this situation and the recognition for the tremendous work they do.

The Government are certainly making sure it is contained outside of London!

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Kuya John said:

From what I can gather in some cases the virus is in mild form, although persons with underlying medical problems or the elderly would experience  more severe conditions.

My local hospital has had it's second entourage of overseas repatriated  quarantees, three of whom have proved positive for the virus.

My concerns now are, that well over a hundred British holiday makers are confined to a Hotel in Tenerife (Canary Islands ) because four Italian tourist have proved positive staying at the

same hotel. Time will tell if they are allowed to return to UK,  my question being, will they too arrive at my local hospital?

I just hope and pray that the nursing staff looking after these patients are given the best protection to deal with this situation and the recognition for the tremendous work they do.

The Government are certainly making sure it is contained outside of London!

This morning was an eye opener , I turned up to fix some electrical stuff at an NHS hospital in Northampton and there are now signs being put up for dealing with the the coronavirus 

It appears on the surface that they are starting to open up the sections of hospitals that have been mothballed 

I'm at a hospice this morning and I cant but help see the irony ,that the section they have opened up for testing is only 50 meters away from the section where you tend to leave in a box

There are signs up saying " infection control precaution to not enter "

Theres also a rumour that a member of staff has been sent home after testing to self isolate 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 2/26/2020 at 6:51 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

The Duterte govenrment would not let us leave the country via Hong Kong and now they just announced they won't let us leave via South Korea.

The Philippine government relented on the day of our flight and said they would allow people with Philippine passports to transit via ICN South Korea if they were permanent residents of another country on their way home.  That's us.  We gone.  Bye!

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The Philippine government relented on the day of our flight and said they would allow people with Philippine passports to transit via ICN South Korea if they were permanent residents of another country on their way home.  That's us.  We gone.  Bye!

Good, Dave! And good luck to you when you finally get back home. Please have a Molson's for me, eh?

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

called Canada and asked if you could get the special 14 day quarantine room upon arrival.

Thanks for that.  Now we are gonna get told that we must self quarantine ourselves in the bedroom for 14 days.  I'm gonna be totally exhausted after that!

• Haha 5

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Thanks for that.  Now we are gonna get told that we must self quarantine ourselves in the bedroom for 14 days.  I'm gonna be totally exhausted after that!

Ah Dave... latest data is saying that the incubation period may be as long as 24 days - seriously... By then you will be seriously totally exhausted!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

latest data is saying that the incubation period may be as long as 24 days

I heard that also, makes one wonder if the powers that be are any wiser than the rest of us as what to do!

From another angle there is going to be shortages of  medical and essential food stuffs etc, should this become a total Global pandemic.

Industry is already counting the cost and Financial markets crashing in the last week. Good job I keep my money under the matress.  :whistling:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Buy a lottery ticket when you get home you guys got lucky!!!! Well done!

• Like 2