Vaccine

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

And now for a little light hearted banter

A lady dies and goes to heaven and is standing in front of God…
“There is one thing I’ve always wanted to know”
“Ok, ask away,” God said.
“Do vaccines cause autism?” she asked
“The truth is no, vaccines have nothing to do with autism”, admitted god.
The women shakes her head and says “ They got to you too, this thing really goes high up”

:snowman_snow4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Terry P
Posted
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Edited by TerryP

Terry P
Posted
Posted

First batch of vaccine has left Belgium for the UK

Be interesting to see how long it takes to get it issued

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, TerryP said:

First batch of vaccine has left Belgium for the UK

Be interesting to see how long it takes to get it issued

It's only... 80,000?  100,000? doses?  

Quite likely the first batch will go to health workers in high risk environments.

I always expected some doses this year but it'll take most of 2021 to vaccinate the majority of people in first world countries who want a vaccination (and possibly 2 years after that for widespread distribution in 3rd world countries).

But just getting the vaccine into health care workers and into nursing care homes should signficantly reduce the number of deaths.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I always expected some doses this year but it'll take most of 2021 to vaccinate the majority of people in first world countries who want a vaccination (

Thought this was worth a mention although Geoff I don't see Ozz mentioned ( might has missed something it is early) seems more hope each day;

With the UK granting approval to a Covid-19 vaccine that is currently being reviewed in the US, 330 million Americans are left wondering when they will be able to get the potentially life-saving jab.

There are two vaccines, made by Moderna and Pfizer, that are both seeking emergency approval in the US. Pfizer's treatment was approved for the British public on Wednesday.

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) plans to meet on 10 December to discuss approval for the UK-approved vaccine, which was created through a partnership between Pfizer and BioNTech. They will meet again on 17 December to discuss Moderna's request.

It comes as coronavirus cases continue to balloon across the US, with an average of over 150,000 new cases reported per day. The US has recorded a total of 13.6 million cases and some 270,000 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.

Here's what you need to know about when the US will have a vaccine.

Full text;  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-55149138?fbclid=IwAR19AP_rTCDW0IOGvIWH3eAotYjSxydt1NtfCxHs51whQ0r7goNfUSkJRV4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) plans to meet on 10 December to discuss approval for the UK-approved vaccine

Yep.  Canada is waiting for them to send us 20 million doses too.  I am guessing the US will say "me first" so long as the Donald is there.

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Thought this was worth a mention although Geoff I don't see Ozz mentioned ( might has missed something it is early) seems more hope each day;

There is more hope each day but you're correct Oz isn't mentioned.

That's because the government here are pushing back against 'emergency authorization' of vaccines and are going with an 'expidited Theraputic Goods Administration' approval process.

They're saying (and to be fair with some truth) that because Australia has Covid under good control that Australia doesn't need emergency authorizations and that they're expecting the initial approval in January or February with the first doses to reach Australia in March 2021 with at risk groups; health care workers, seniors and commorbidities to be vaccinated by the end of 2021.

Which puts Australia about 4 months behind the UK and the USA on the vaccine timeline.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yep.  Canada is waiting for them to send us 20 million doses too.  I am guessing the US will say "me first" so long as the Donald is there.

Talk about "me first"

Toys are out of the pram with President. He's had the chief vaccine regulator at the Whitehouse. It wasn't for one of his socially distanced Christmas parties either. 

• Haha 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, TerryP said:

Talk about "me first"

Toys are out of the pram with President. He's had the chief vaccine regulator at the Whitehouse. It wasn't for one of his socially distanced Christmas parties either. 

Just been announced

World health organisation are looking into vaccine certificates. No details yet but that's the way things develop

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, TerryP said:

Just been announced

World health organisation are looking into vaccine certificates. No details yet but that's the way things develop

Covid: WHO looks at possible ‘e-vaccination certificates’ for travel | The Independent

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic