Had to be said!!

No apologies intended

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 12/9/2020 at 9:39 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Just saw it on the news.  US Donald said no vaccine leaves the US until Americans are vaccinated.  Canadian government said not to worry, we know that guy so our vaccine is coming from Belgium.  Good thing the Americans never need anything from Canada (thinking of the farmers along the Columbia river who want to irrigate their fields before the water gets to the USA . .  Hmmm maybae its time to Make Canada Great and put Canadians first! :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31: )

The USA may not need much vaccine.  Recent polls show only about 50 percent of people will "definitely" get the vaccine.  There are still many many people who refuse to wear masks, hold large parties and gatherings, say covid is no worse than the common cold, all fake news, conspiracy for one world government, "mark of the beast", etc. etc. etc.  :sad:

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Mike J said:

The USA may not need much vaccine.  Recent polls show only about 50 percent of people will "definitely" get the vaccine.  There are still many many people who refuse to wear masks, hold large parties and gatherings, say covid is no worse than the common cold, all fake news, conspiracy for one world government, "mark of the beast", etc. etc. etc.  :sad:

In our area of the US mask usage is 100% in public buildings. Outside if other people are around usage is common. People keep a reasonable distance in stores for the most part.

I do know a few people who believe the ccp virus is simply a normal flu and nothing to be concerned about. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Old55 said:

In our area of the US

What area is that if I might ask. Local attitudes makes a lot of difference in the states.

25 minutes ago, Old55 said:

c

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I do know a few people who believe the ccp virus is simply a normal flu and nothing to be concerned about. 

The problem is, that is correct for most people who get it.  That means most people will have the same symptoms as a flu.  It also means that the small percentage who will get the worst case are going to suffer because of the carelessness of the many.  The selfishness of the many outweighs the needs of the few.  That is the new normal, IMHO.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The problem is, that is correct for most people who get it.  That means most people will have the same symptoms as a flu.  It also means that the small percentage who will get the worst case are going to suffer because of the carelessness of the many.  The selfishness of the many outweighs the needs of the few.  That is the new normal, IMHO.

Yea, I agree with you Dave. :thumbsup:

It seems some people are selfish and only think of themselves nothing new us humans can be obnoxious that way. Maybe that's why we get these pandemic's culls the stupid ones? 

Scott, we live in a small town outside Seattle.

We visited Sandpoint Idaho in September no one used a mask. Every place we stopped in Montana was strictly following mask and distancing. Like you said it's regional as far as we see here.

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Maybe it's a cunning plan by Mother nature to allow humans to evolve.  I believe mankind has evolved through the risk takers and maybe the stupid also. I think as time goes on less and less people will require the vaccine which may be a good thing as there's no way the World's population will all be vaccinated.  Maybe a bit like the flu there will be people resistant to it and it'll be the virus mutating that will put them at risk more so than a vaccine helping them.

Long term I think people paying more attention to their general health will save more than the vaccine will. My partner is  prime example, when I met her she had asthma, a stomach ulcer and used to get bad acne now and again.  A change of diet and training with me daily she's gone from being out of breath after 100m running to 9km running on soft sand, no more ulcer and her acne has vastly improved. 

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Maybe it's a cunning plan by Mother nature to allow humans to evolve. 

I think it's much more likely to be Mother nature evolving viruses (who have been around for billions of years) than us new comers (who at the most have been here for a bit more than a couple of hundred thousand years).

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
On 12/11/2020 at 2:21 PM, GeoffH said:

I think it's much more likely to be Mother nature evolving viruses (who have been around for billions of years) than us new comers (who at the most have been here for a bit more than a couple of hundred thousand years).

Bit of news I just had in 

**F.D.A. Clears Pfizer Vaccine, and Millions of Doses Will Be Shipped Right Away**

Full text;

** https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/11/health/pfizer-vaccine-authorized.html?fbclid=IwAR3jxiUr1KZh63tFOhFye3i5FEk-t0OPb2eLgTVEA34RgAekDRTO54bsq_8

• Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Latest;

**Coronavirus live updates: FDA authorizes Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine, first approved in U.S.**

Full text;

**https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/11/coronavirus-covid-live-updates-us/?fbclid=IwAR08auQ15EbnPfyp4qwH-jvtlGndn4EgUqlZwzudBoXD72glsATA5fJhDV0

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic