Vaccine

Shady
Posted
Posted

Has anyone gotten a Covid antibody test in the PH, or know anything getting them? Helpful for those who think they were previously infected and recovered.

Terry P
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Explorer said:

I am 60+ and never took flu vaccine, also not on any prescription medicine, nurses at dr office always raise eyebrow because in this country everybody over 60 suppose to be on some scheduled medicine (pushed by the pharmaceutical industry)...

"Targeting the elderly (individuals aged 65 years) for influenza vaccination may not decrease hospitalization or mortality rates in this population, according to a study published in Annals of Internal Medicine."

https://www.infectiousdiseaseadvisor.com/home/topics/respiratory/influenza/increasing-vaccination-rates-for-the-flu-in-elderly-people-did-not-decrease-death-rate/

Seems to me this is another devil if you do devil if you don't scenario

Vaccinate the vunerable first some will point to previous Vaccination programmes that are unrelated to this one despite reports that these Vaccines are effective in them groups

Vaccinate the rest of the population first there'll be an outcry that those at real risk are not being prioritised

Explorer
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, TerryP said:

Point taken

Solution please

I guess it all come to personal decision. Myself I am taking vitamin C and D daily, Zinc every 2-3 days. 2 weeks ago I started coughing so I increased Zinc to daily until it passed. Other than this, I am not smoking, no excessive drinking, try to eat healthy and do daily exercise.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, TerryP said:

My ex had pneumonia a good while ago

We tried Vicks vaporub and various plant extracts

Didn't work she ended up in hospital and unfortunately survived

Dang it, just blew coffee out my nose laughing so hard. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

The deaths in Norway (18 IIRC) after taking the vaccine were all in the over 80 category.  Around 400 deaths a week are normal for seasonal illnesses, and the over 80s are a high risk category.  So, the vaccine probably doesn't provide immunity against other illnesses (did anyone every suggest it did).  Now, it's important that further investigation is done but perhaps this is something to be expected and may be repeated elsewhere.

• Like 4

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, TerryP said:

My ex had pneumonia a good while ago

We tried Vicks vaporub and various plant extracts

Didn't work she ended up in hospital and unfortunately survived

LOL... you sound like a lovely guy... On a serious note, if you spent all your life smoking, boozing or just being coach potato, of course, talking those silly vitamins will not do you any good, so put you mask and shield on, isolate yourself, wash your hands, disinfect your surroundings and stand in line for your vaccine.

Edited by Explorer

graham59
Posted
Posted

Just spoke to my 93 year-old mum in England.

Seems she's had her vaccination now.  Another one due in a few weeks.

No side-effects so far.... touch wood. 

• Like 4

Terry P
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Explorer said:

LOL... you sound like a lovely guy... On a serious note, if you spent all your life smoking, boozing or just being coach potato, of course, talking those silly vitamins will not do you any good, so put you mask and shield on, isolate yourself, wash your hands, disinfect your surroundings and stand in line for your vaccine.

Friend of mine early 50s doesn't smoke, no health complications, the occasional social beer,eats healthy, long walk along the beach every morning was laid up for 3 weeks with covid a few months ago. Still not 100% fit.

Another friends sister 39yo not overweight, no health issues, nonsmoker, odd glass of wine. 3 young children.

Shipped off to hospital with covid on Christmas day. Contracted pneumonia and spent 8days in ICU. She's out now hopefully with no further complications.

If you want to eat celery, jog off down to the health food store every morning, make your nightcap a low-fat cocoa and rely on your zinc supercharged immune system to fend off the grim reaper be my guest.

I'm standing in line with a ciggy in one hand and a can of lager in the other waiting for my turn to contribute to some pharmaceutical giants profits

I know where I'm laying my bet

• Like 3

Viking
Posted
Posted

The way I see it,the biggest problem with covid is that there is no way to predict how YOU will react if you get infected.

We know that high age, diabetes, hypertension etc, increases the risk to die, but there is still many examples of old people with these sicknesses that survive covid, without severe complications. At the same time there is also quite a few young, very healthy people,  getting very sick for a long time and some even die.

It´s  ofcourse up to each individual to choose if they want to take the vaccine or not, but to me it sounds like the risks with the vaccine is far less than the risk of getting seriously sick if you catch covid.

• Like 5

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic