Vaccine

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Something to ponder,

Oxford Covid vaccine to be combined with Sputnik jab for trial

UK and Russian scientists to explore whether vaccines given together improves efficacy**

Full Text;

**  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/11/oxford-covid-vaccine-to-be-combined-with-sputnik-jab-for-trial?fbclid=IwAR21LP0SKKjjRAV49QMbPIMYlDj0MVMOjy9BpdFpkUTMMHsZwPaZzHBrLDM

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

So the news continues;

*** Coronavirus live updates: President says first Pfizer vaccines will be administered 'in less than 24 hours' ***

Full text;

***https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/12/11/covid-news-pfizer-vaccine-fda-authorization-us-deaths/3886376001/?fbclid=IwAR38nGZjJc9JkIiIVGrKokUyg--fOxJMTcbx1yShVaUi7rvhsNSnvuutVfc

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Sorry about all the news Items but I thought it would be important to keep up to speed with what is happening :tiphat:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 12/12/2020 at 4:38 PM, Jack Peterson said:

:unsure: Sorry about all the news Items but I thought it would be important to keep up to speed with what is happening :tiphat:

It is also important to post the text of the article as JGF has requested on multiple occasions.  This will prevent the possibility of future dead links and also allow members to read the article without have to leave the forum. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

It is also important to post the text of the article as JGF has requested on multiple occasions.  This will prevent the possibility of future dead links and also allow members to read the article without have to leave the forum. :thumbsup:

JGF also said about long texts because many are using Phones and it is difficult to read, (you can always go back to the Post Mike and do it I mean others Mods seem accommodating on this many times) if it makes you Happy "Damned if we do and Damned if we Don't" :tiphat:

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 12/11/2020 at 8:56 AM, Old55 said:

It seems some people are selfish and only think of themselves nothing new us humans can be obnoxious that way. Maybe that's why we get these pandemic's culls the stupid ones? 

Darwin Awards have already been mentioned in posts somewhere - don't remember where or if they even related to the virus. But now I think they might?:89:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: Covid-19 health pass apps could help reopen businesses and restore the economy. They could also unfairly exclude people from travel and workplaces.

among all the tools that health agencies have developed over the years to fight epidemics, at least one has remained a constant for more than a century: paper vaccination certificates.

In the 1880s, in response to smallpox outbreaks, some public schools began requiring students and teachers to show vaccination cards. In the 1960s, amid yellow fever epidemics, the World Health Organization introduced an international travel document, known informally as the yellow card. Even now, travelers from certain regions are required to show a version of the card at airports.

But now, just as the United States is preparing to distribute the first vaccines for the virus, the entry ticket to the nation’s reopening is set to come largely in the form of a digital health credential.

In the coming weeks, major airlines including United, JetBlue and Lufthansa plan to introduce a health passport app, called CommonPass, that aims to verify passengers’ virus test results — and soon, vaccinations. The app will then issue confirmation codes enabling passengers to board certain international flights. It is just the start of a push for digital Covid-19 credentials that could soon be embraced by employers, schools, summer camps and entertainment venues.

* What this means to us here in the Pi am not to sure

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 12/14/2020 at 8:00 AM, Jack Peterson said:

JGF also said about long texts because many are using Phones and it is difficult to read, (you can always go back to the Post Mike and do it I mean others Mods seem accommodating on this many times) if it makes you Happy "Damned if we do and Damned if we Don't" :tiphat:

See Jack the little eye icon? You can put the whole article there. If someone wants to read then its there. I dont see why I need to go off the forum to read a topic? 

Spoiler

a icon.PNG

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Does anyone think it's a good idea to vaccinate our Health workers first with what is in essence a new vaccine with only short term trials.  Say for instance six months down the line after all the Health workers have been vaccinated serious side affects kick in, the Health service could be wiped out.  Why don't they vaccinate politicians first?  We can live without them.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Does anyone think it's a good idea to vaccinate our Health workers first with what is in essence a new vaccine with only short term trials.  Say for instance six months down the line after all the Health workers have been vaccinated serious side affects kick in, the Health service could be wiped out.  Why don't they vaccinate politicians first?  We can live without them.

I think it's very very unlikely that there will be significant numbers of serious side effects down the track, no non-live vaccine in the past 100 years plus has had anything like that sort of problem.  I honestly think you're worrying about a problem that doesn't exist.

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic