Vaccine

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, TerryP said:

Friend of mine early 50s doesn't smoke, no health complications, the occasional social beer,eats healthy, long walk along the beach every morning was laid up for 3 weeks with covid a few months ago. Still not 100% fit.

Another friends sister 39yo not overweight, no health issues, nonsmoker, odd glass of wine. 3 young children.

Shipped off to hospital with covid on Christmas day. Contracted pneumonia and spent 8days in ICU. She's out now hopefully with no further complications.

If you want to eat celery, jog off down to the health food store every morning, make your nightcap a low-fat cocoa and rely on your zinc supercharged immune system to fend off the grim reaper be my guest.

I'm standing in line with a ciggy in one hand and a can of lager in the other waiting for my turn to contribute to some pharmaceutical giants profits

I know where I'm laying my bet

I'm still hoping for them to spend more money finding out who is more succeptible to Covid.  A few small investigations have shown that certain people are predisposed to serious Covid depending on their DNA, but as there's no money in finding out who not to vaccinate I can't see many pharmaceutical companies spending too much time and effort trying to cut their customer base.

As for the trying to keep healthy that's the option I'll try first.  Of the fit guys I know that have died over the years they tend to have been sudden, heart attacks, blood clots etc.  The unfit ones tend to have suffered strokes and not died.  I'd rather not wake up than be stuck in a chair staring at a clock with someone wiping my butt for the next 20yrs. :1927_: :whistling:

• Like 2

Terry P
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm still hoping for them to spend more money finding out who is more succeptible to Covid.  A few small investigations have shown that certain people are predisposed to serious Covid depending on their DNA, but as there's no money in finding out who not to vaccinate I can't see many pharmaceutical companies spending too much time and effort trying to cut their customer base.

As for the trying to keep healthy that's the option I'll try first.  Of the fit guys I know that have died over the years they tend to have been sudden, heart attacks, blood clots etc.  The unfit ones tend to have suffered strokes and not died.  I'd rather not wake up than be stuck in a chair staring at a clock with someone wiping my butt for the next 20yrs. :1927_: :whistling:

There is a solution stop the vaccination programme and hold the pharmaceutical industry to ransom until they have conducted thorough DNA tests meanwhile that should get rid of a load more sitting staring at a clock unable to wipe their own butt

Don't think that's going to work somehow

One possible scenario is for us vaccinated fit or unfit individuals can be free to travel around in planes trains and automobiles while the health conscious antivaxxers could sit staring at a clock wiping their own butt therefore having no chance of infecting or being infected

Explorer
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, TerryP said:

My view is anyone refusing to be vaccinated and contracts covid when things return to"normal" should be told " sorry sir it is no longer a priority to treat covid patients you take your chances now, we have other priorities. Come back in 6 months when we've dealt with the backlog of our present priorities

Really? So if someone cannot take the vaccine for one reason or another you are going to let them die at the emergency room entrance? Wow, you are such a compassionate guy...:shock_40_anim_gif:

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, TerryP said:

I'm standing in line with a ciggy in one hand and a can of lager in the other waiting for my turn to contribute to some pharmaceutical giants profits

I know where I'm laying my bet

Speaking about bets, many years ago I made a bet and invested heavily in the tobacco and pharmaceutical industries, these bets paid off, I was able to retire early and until today they throw monthly dividends into my bank account, so keep up the good work, the beneficiaries of my inheritance are thanking you from the bottom of their heart...  :cheersty:

Edited by Explorer

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Explorer said:

Really? So if someone cannot take the vaccine for one reason or another you are going to let them die at the emergency room entrance? Wow, you are such a compassionate guy...:shock_40_anim_gif:

I wouldn't refuse medical treatment to an unvaccinated individual but it would be a reasonable precaution to treat them with the assumption that they are covid positive and keep them isolated from other patients.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Explorer said:

Really? So if someone cannot take the vaccine for one reason or another you are going to let them die at the emergency room entrance?

Hospitals on Cebu island are so full that my wife's brother spent 4 days trying to find a hospital with a surgery department to do an apendectomy.  If I were administrating one of those hospitals and had to choose between someone who could'a should'a taken a vaccine and someone who is an innocent victim then I would make the guy wait.  If he dies, he dies.  When the hospital is full then its full.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Explorer said:

Well I can't see that someones getting on a Plane ( Internationally ) in the near Future then, certainly without some sort of Medical Certificate, Especially when get back to the proposed new Normal. :whatever: But.......................

Edited by Jack Peterson

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, TerryP said:

My view is anyone refusing to be vaccinated and contracts covid when things return to"normal" should be told " sorry sir it is no longer a priority to treat covid patients you take your chances now, we have other priorities. Come back in 6 months when we've dealt with the backlog of our present priorities

This is the first time I can agree with one of your comments, Terry... It is not totally realistic and I think it is also meant to be a bit sarcastic, but it works. There is some veracity to this...

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic