Vaccine

Terry P
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, TerryP said:

I know what you are saying HK and agreed

I wasn't including receptionists or any other administration in front line staff. They do not take the Hippocratic oath

I'm aware ability to pay is the major factor as to the extent of care you receive in the Philippines as in other countries that's not a nurse or doctors decision

Perhaps I should qualify that statement further

It is not the decision of the staff treating patients

Some doctors do own private practices and step over that line making financial decisions their priority rather than patient care

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

On a lighter note, With all the new vaccines coming to the Fore, each it seems with a Differing % of Success I wonder if this may be visible at anyones  next or subsequent visit to the Medical Centre ;

vaccine people who have had it results.jpg :whistling:

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

On a lighter note, With all the new vaccines coming to the Fore, each it seems with a Differing % of Success I wonder if this may be visible at anyones  next or subsequent visit to the Medical Centre ;

vaccine people who have had it results.jpg :whistling:

Funny.

On a serious note, I see initial results from the so-called successful Israeli vaccination programme kind of blows hot and cold - 6% of those vaccinated were infected between the 1st and 2nd shots, throwing doubt on the previous view/belief that the 2nd dose can be delayed with little impact.  I suppose the positive is that 94% remained protected between the 1st and 2nd shots.  

Is 6% an acceptable price to pay to  help more people get the 1st shot rather than prioritising the most at risk for 2 shots?  Probably, but ....

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, TerryP said:

Perhaps I should qualify that statement further

It is not the decision of the staff treating patients

Some doctors do own private practices and step over that line making financial decisions their priority rather than patient care

Gotcha now.  

For sure, in the NHS this isn't an issue but here it is most certainly is.  That said, my only experience here was that they certainly didn't require payment up front for treatment, nor did they ask for CC details up front.  As always, this will vary from hospital to hospital. 

The only additional point in respect of the NHS is the "post code lottery" but what to do?  Some health boards are better than others, more efficient and utilise resources better and that's not taking into account other factors that impact health on a very local basis. 

Terry P
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

Funny.

On a serious note, I see initial results from the so-called successful Israeli vaccination programme kind of blows hot and cold - 6% of those vaccinated were infected between the 1st and 2nd shots, throwing doubt on the previous view/belief that the 2nd dose can be delayed with little impact.  I suppose the positive is that 94% remained protected between the 1st and 2nd shots.  

Is 6% an acceptable price to pay to  help more people get the 1st shot rather than prioritising the most at risk for 2 shots?  Probably, but ....

6% infected in weeks? and they've had their first jab? I question that HK

Without the vaccine the latest sage estimates here are that only 12% of the whole population have been infected since the start of the pandemic

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, TerryP said:

6% infected in weeks? and they've had their first jab? I question that HK

Without the vaccine the latest sage estimates here are that only 12% of the whole population have been infected since the start of the pandemic

Ask these guys, Terry -

"And according to Israeli newspaper Haaretz, a survey by the health ministry found that around six per cent of 189,000 citizens who had received the first jab tested positive for Covid within two weeks".

Here's the link FYI -

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/israeli-covid-czar-says-first-164748037.html

Edited by hk blues

Terry P
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Ask these guys, Terry -

"And according to Israeli newspaper Haaretz, a survey by the health ministry found that around six per cent of 189,000 citizens who had received the first jab tested positive for Covid within two weeks".

Here's the link FYI -

Terry P
Posted
Posted
Just now, TerryP said:

17 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Ask these guys, Terry -

Here's the link FYI -

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/israeli-covid-zar-says-first-164748037.html

Yeah you're right.

I'm wondering if this newspaper have got this slightly wrong. Are they mixing up absence of antibodies with infection rate in the study. With them figures they should have reached herd immunity ages ago. Plus it bears no relationship to the infection rates in the general population.

Even so it still bears out that it takes at least 14 days to develop antibodies. Infections tail off after that. The other thing not mentioned is the severity of illness

Then there's the critical view of UK strategy in the same article

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Ask these guys, Terry -

Here's the link FYI -

I think the survey needs to show how the candidates were selected.  On one hand they say 6% of 189,000 citizens and on another line they say they have vaccinated almost 30% of the population.  The population is over 9m, call it 3m vaccinated to keep it simple.  So by my reckoning they've plucked the results out of thin air.  

• Hmm thinking 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I think the survey needs to show how the candidates were selected.  On one hand they say 6% of 189,000 citizens and on another line they say they have vaccinated almost 30% of the population.  The population is over 9m, call it 3m vaccinated to keep it simple.  So by my reckoning they've plucked the results out of thin air.  

More likely it's the percentage infection results of people displaying symptoms who've had the jab or who've came in contact with others testing positive

• Hmm thinking 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic