Vaccine

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

This is the first time I can agree with one of your comments, Terry... It is not totally realistic and I think it is also meant to be a bit sarcastic, but it works. There is some veracity to this...

I tend to agree Tom, but as always the devil is in the detail.  How about other voluntary vaccines - do we then refuse to treat those as well?  And then, people who abuse their bodies with various substances - do we make them low priority too? 

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

I tend to agree Tom, but as always the devil is in the detail.  How about other voluntary vaccines - do we then refuse to treat those as well?  And then, people who abuse their bodies with various substances - do we make them low priority too? 

Lots of issues to consider, HK... as you suggest. There are no simple answers...

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Lots of issues to consider, HK... as you suggest. There are no simple answers...

Sure Tom - it's a serious ethical issue and I doubt any particular policy change is going to be made anywhere anytime soon

Terry P
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I wouldn't refuse medical treatment to an unvaccinated individual but it would be a reasonable precaution to treat them with the assumption that they are covid positive and keep them isolated from other patients.

Excuse my assumption if I'm wrong Geoff but I believe you may come from a medical background. If so you have taken the Hippocratic oath

An honourable commitment which sets a standard for your attitude towards care. 

My belief is regardless of how the patient contracted an illness or the character of the person they all recieve the same level of care

You would not think any differently

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, TerryP said:

My belief is regardless of how the patient contracted an illness or the character of the person they all recieve the same level of care

Unfortunately, Terry, the level of care is much more dependant on financial status than anything else - especially so here in the Philippines where the contrast is stark compared to let's say the UK.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
Just now, hk blues said:

Unfortunately, Terry, the level of care is much more dependant on financial status than anything else - especially so here in the Philippines where the contrast is stark compared to let's say the UK.  

Budgets are not the control of the people on the front line. Indeed ability to pay is not within their remit

They react and provide the best care available with the resources at hand

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Explorer said:

Speaking about bets, many years ago I made a bet and invested heavily in the tobacco and pharmaceutical industries, these bets paid off, I was able to retire early and until today they throw monthly dividends into my bank account, so keep up the good work, the beneficiaries of my inheritance are thanking you from the bottom of their heart...  :cheersty:

Really!!! 

Perhaps you shareholders can get a buy one get one free offer

Check it out explorer I'll buy both of you and contribute to your beneficiaries further

Terry P
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

This is the first time I can agree with one of your comments, Terry... It is not totally realistic and I think it is also meant to be a bit sarcastic, but it works. There is some veracity to this...

Heavily weighted with sarcasm Tommy that's true. But the reverse is certainly happening right now

Other vital treatments being shelved or delayed. I point to Dave houndrivers post

As to my comment about travel a vaccine passport is a very real possibility so what is wrong with those with no vaccination being unable to travel 

It's been mentioned on here by myself and others about the yellow fever pass

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, TerryP said:

Budgets are not the control of the people on the front line. Indeed ability to pay is not within their remit

They react and provide the best care available with the resources at hand

That wasn't my point at all.  You said all should receive the same level of care regardless - that's not how it works with healthcare here and indeed in many countries.  Ability to pay most certainly is in the remit of front line workers - try getting treatment here with no cash and you won't get past the receptionist.

Terry P
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

That wasn't my point at all.  You said all should receive the same level of care regardless - that's not how it works with healthcare here and indeed in many countries.  Ability to pay most certainly is in the remit of front line workers - try getting treatment here with no cash and you won't get past the receptionist.

I know what you are saying HK and agreed

I wasn't including receptionists or any other administration in front line staff. They do not take the Hippocratic oath

I'm aware ability to pay is the major factor as to the extent of care you receive in the Philippines as in other countries that's not a nurse or doctors decision

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic