Immigration woes, I dont want to play anymore

RBM
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

There is also the issue that unlike the 3 year tourist VISA option the SRRV allows one to legally drive past the 3 month time period (for those not eligible for a 13a visa).

Plus gives one the satisfaction of not having to run to immigration and, or, having to obtain the exit visa, SRRV clearance as I understand for exit can be done on line. Considering a trip to Malaysia next year so will find out.

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted

For sure the SRRV is a great option for those not eligible for 13a (and even for some who are) but it isn't free.  Not always easy for everyone to have a good few thousand dollars lying around spare to tie up for who knows how long.  And add in the annual fee and it becomes expensive (cheaper thana  wife I'll admit :smile:).

I can totally understand why JG is ****ed off.

• Like 4

Freebie
Posted
Posted

@RBM the "travel pass" is a one minute excercise. Although Ive never been asked for mine and on past trip I obtained the travel pass 40 days before my trip.. apparently it should only be within 30 days. Anyways very very easy .

I tend to agree with Colsie. SRRV isbnt a scam bu for sure they can change the rules to suit themselves.

When I recently renewed my card, there was a lady who was trying to collect her recently deceased husbands deposit. They wanted paper after paper from her to show he was dead and then gave her a multitude of forms to complete to get the deposit back.

In my view I wouldnt want a family member to go go through that immense hassle .

If I leave these shores before passing , then I will happily get the deposit back. If I develop a life threatening situation I will just figure its money thats gone as an extra visa cost...my donation to the Philippines lol

Hope JollyGood can figure out what to do as it must be a large concern , which was the original topic.

• Sad 2

HappyJack
Posted
Posted

One can always go home and do a legal name change and then get a new passport in that name. Nothing will be in the immigration computer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, HappyJack said:

One can always go home and do a legal name change and then get a new passport in that name. Nothing will be in the immigration computer.

Perhaps using a sledgehammer to crack a nut? A lot of trouble and expense to delay the inevitable as the same issue will pop up again in the future with the new name/passport if it's a policy change within BI.  

Anyway, nowadays don't they have those biometric readers at airports which would flag up the old details anyway?  Could lead to a whole lot of new problems explaining why the name change etc.  Could, not necessarily will, mind.

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 4

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, GeoffH said:

There is also the issue that unlike the 3 year tourist VISA option the SRRV allows one to legally drive past the 3 month time period (for those not eligible for a 13a visa).

Things might have changed, but I got my Philippine driving licence on a tourist visa back in 2006 and been renewing it ever since (on a tourist visa). 

Edited by Colsie

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I wonder what the BI would say if a person wrote a letter to the head honcho and explained that he thoroughly enjoys visiting the Philippines but when leaving and coming back the BI officials are giving him a hard time.  Then ask exactly how long the BI wants a tourist to leave before coming back again.  If worded correctly, I doubt the reply would be:  Leave after 3 years and don't come back.  Would it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Plus gives one the satisfaction of not having to run to immigration and, or, having to obtain the exit visa, SRRV clearance as I understand for exit can be done on line. Considering a trip to Malaysia next year so will find out.

I guess exit visa 500 pesos every three years isn't too demanding. 

visa extentions every 6 months for tourists instead card renewal every 12 months for SRRV 

$10 renta ticket for tourist 

As much as $50,000 locked into the SRRV system. 

⚖️

hk blues
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I wonder what the BI would say if a person wrote a letter to the head honcho and explained that he thoroughly enjoys visiting the Philippines but when leaving and coming back the BI officials are giving him a hard time.  Then ask exactly how long the BI wants a tourist to leave before coming back again.  If worded correctly, I doubt the reply would be:  Leave after 3 years and don't come back.  Would it?

Alternatively, the head honcho could look at the record and see how often the visits are, how long they are for, when the exits are relevant to the visa renewals and conclude this guy is no tourist.

Sometimes best to stay under the radar.  

• Like 4