31 minutes ago, Colsie said:

As much as $50,000 locked into the SRRV system

Or significantly less.

• Like 3

Colsie
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Kingpin said:

And the fee to free up that cash?  $3,520 USD. 

Or 3,510 pesos + 10 USD? Cancellation_of_Membership_from_SRRV_Program_and_Downgrading_of_Visa (2) (1).pdf

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Freebie said:

@RBM the "travel pass" is a one minute excercise. Although Ive never been asked for mine and on past trip I obtained the travel pass 40 days before my trip.. apparently it should only be within 30 days. Anyways very very easy .

I tend to agree with Colsie. SRRV isbnt a scam bu for sure they can change the rules to suit themselves.

When I recently renewed my card, there was a lady who was trying to collect her recently deceased husbands deposit. They wanted paper after paper from her to show he was dead and then gave her a multitude of forms to complete to get the deposit back.

In my view I wouldnt want a family member to go go through that immense hassle .

If I leave these shores before passing , then I will happily get the deposit back. If I develop a life threatening situation I will just figure its money thats gone as an extra visa cost...my donation to the Philippines lol

Hope JollyGood can figure out what to do as it must be a large concern , which was the original topic.

Very valuable information here, thank you.

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Colsie said:

I guess exit visa 500 pesos every three years isn't too demanding. 

visa extentions every 6 months for tourists instead card renewal every 12 months for SRRV 

$10 renta ticket for tourist 

As much as $50,000 locked into the SRRV system. 

⚖️

Plus ACI Card and for some like myself, a trip on a boat to obtain exit clearance plus a night or two in a hotel....well could be a short holiday I guess..........

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Colsie said:

Things might have changed, but I got my Philippine driving licence on a tourist visa back in 2006 and been renewing it ever since (on a tourist visa). 

Definitely has changed so don't let your license lapse as you'll find difficulty getting it back I suspect.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Definitely has changed so don't let your license lapse as you'll find difficulty getting it back I suspect.

Out of curiosity can you point me to some factual information about how it has change?

From what I have found, a tourist can convert a valid driving license to a Filipino driving licence once he has been in the country for just one month. 

https://filipiknow.net/how-to-convert-a-foreign-drivers-license/

I think the LTO are happy to take anybodies money 🤗

Edited by Colsie
  • Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

With regards to JGF's OP:  My ex-wife and I got along for years after seperation... Then we didn't.  Too much of a potential minefield with alarm bells and red lights flashing I reckon mate.  

Same here.... the SRRV fee was well worth it, whatever the deposit cost,  so that I didnt have to worry about her and whatever her motivations may have been, and her possible control over my stay in this country. 

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

From my experience of the mind set here

My experience differs IF and only IF you get to the head honcho.  But this is Philippines we are talking about so it would be natural to encourage people to come and stay for 3 years then feck off.

14 hours ago, hk blues said:

Sometimes best to stay under the radar. 

Absolutely.  But the radar has him in sight now.  Worst I could see happening is they might force him to move to Thailand and either bring his gf with him or change over to ladyboys. :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Colsie said:

Out of curiosity can you point me to some factual information about how it has change?

From what I have found, a tourist can convert a valid driving license to a Filipino driving licence once he has been in the country for just one month. 

https://filipiknow.net/how-to-convert-a-foreign-drivers-license/

I think the LTO are happy to take anybodies money 🤗

If you read further down on that web page (my red highlight) you must have a visa duration of at least one (1) year from date of application.  Since the maximum length of tourist visa is six months, it is technically not possible to get a Philippine license while on a tourist visa.  I found the same info on various sites, also a Youtube video saying the same.

Requirements

• Fully accomplished Driver’s License Application Form
  • Medical examination certificate (online-only/electronically transmitted)
  • Passport containing the following (original and photocopy):
    • Entry date of at least one (1) month
    • Visa duration of at least one (1) year from the date of application
  • If holder of a valid Foreign Driver’s License:
    • Valid Foreign Driver’s License (original and photocopy)
    • Official English translation of Foreign Driver’s License from Embassy of issuing country, if not in English. (original and photocopy)
  • Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1