Immigration woes, I dont want to play anymore

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Hmmm, a week long celebration to launch the idea of a more efficient BI.   :whistling:

They obviously never paid the Express Lane fee. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Onemore52
Posted
Posted (edited)

It was once said that politicians speak a half glassful of spittle, this press release is no different “Anticipate, innovate, motivate” really.

I wonder if they had a competition to see who could come up with this catchphrase.

Edited by Onemore52
omitted context

Freebie
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

Hmmm, a week long celebration to launch the idea of a more efficient BI.   :whistling:

One thinks they could have taken a month or a whole year long celebration and being diplomatic " not much would change "

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 12/9/2022 at 2:02 PM, Colsie said:

Your speculation may well be true. 

It does seem as though JGF is being unfairly treated as he's done absolutely nothing wrong and is an upstanding citizen that abides by the current rules and pays the required fees. 

Added to this, as a senior he can probably do without the stress and upheaval caused by such actions. 

Who's to say that he has any other option to carry on living here as a tourist, given that he's unable to marry is partner and may not have the means to tie up a significant sum of money in the retirement scam scheme. 

It may be worth his time to involve an agent and perhaps get legal advice before is next extention. I still believe JGF should try a different BI office as he's encountered some issues in the past at a BI office if my memory is correct. 

Thanks for all the replies from everyone. I have not read until now as this issue and others do my head in so needed a break.

But anyway Colsie pretty much hit the nail on the head but need to clarify that this is the first time l had an issue at this office regarding this matter. ECC issue was at the main Cebu office so I avoid their scam by going to Mactan office which is where they brought up this subject. The other issues occured at the airport on return. 

Previously like for the last 6 years I had an agent do my extensions so kept out of BI offices except for ECC. Now doing myself to save some money.

Anyway without replying to individual posts someone mentioned leaving for a few months but I doubt that would make much difference as I have a friend that often left for a few months and he got the same questions and suggestion to get a permanent visa which there are not many options. I do believe they are trying to catch out those working as the time before an American was extending his visa and l could hear him say, why are you asking if l am working, l am traveling around.

So I guess I will see what happens in February when I extend again or maybe l will use an agent but that may not work as they could tell the agent they want me to appear to answers some questions.

What gets me is yes I am not a genuine tourist but what is a tourist? how many real tourist visit a country for up to 3 years so why do they allow 3 years for tourist in the first place?  But I pay fees to be here and I answer their form which has a check box and one question is reason for stay and something like Pleasure, work etc. I tick pleasure as thats why l am here, a pleasant coffee in the morning or whatever  and l get great pleasure from that so that should count.

Maybe if they ask me again I could say we are planning on getting married but takes time and then l will will apply for a 13a. Maybe I could remind them my fees keep them in a job as well as my being here. Maybe if they ask if I am working I could say why would I work here for 500 peso a day when I could work in my own country for 3 times that for one hours work.

Maybe I will just keep my mouth shut. :lipssealed_80_anim_gif:

If they get the online extensions going soon that might make it easier but since l must be flagged in the system probably not.

Just to add, SRRV website says, :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

This site is currently unavailable.
If you're the owner of this website, please contact your hosting provider to get this resolved.

PRA

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If you're the owner of this website, please contact your hosting provider to get this resolved.

Amazing isnt it.. you would laugh if it wasnt so sad. Been that way for a few weeks or so already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Freebie said:

Amazing isnt it.. you would laugh if it wasnt so sad. Been that way for a few weeks or so already.

I'm getting the feeling the President is making a lot of changes and putting certain people in high positions. I managed to get a number that they assured me they will answer after weeks of calling with no one picking up on their usual number. . Manila 632 8848 7105, you never got it from me lol

• Like 4

Colsie
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Just to add, SRRV website says, :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

If you're the owner of this website, please contact your hosting 

PRA

OK, if your deposit was only 1.5k but if it was 50k USD, you'd be a bit concerned about giving it to this mob... 

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

JGFs situation is quite unusual, having also been on a tourist visa for a number of years I was at times questioned about applying for a permanent visa.  Wondering if the first time he was questioned perhaps he was a little pertinent in his reply, together with a disgruntled officer this started the ball rolling.

Often wondered exactly what immigration  see on the screen when one enters. Perhaps it would be wise to at least start an application for SRRV before applying for next extension, even if not going through with it. At the least it would buy time.

For me, when entering  I would not go to the immigration again at airport, just apply for the 2 month which I understand is a separate office at airport , of course the info would be there but perhaps they could be more lenient.

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, RBM said:

JGFs situation is quite unusual, having also been on a tourist visa for a number of years I was at times questioned about applying for a permanent visa. 

I think most of us long term tourists get told by the immigration officer at some point that we need to get a residents visa, I know I have. 

Coincidently, I was standing there with my GF who had spoken to the immigration lady before she told me I needed a visa. When I looked at my GF, she was smiling and fluttering her eye lids... So I thought there may have been some collusion between the two girls, to point me to getting married 🤣🤣🤣

In reflection, I've gone through immigration as a single guy dozens of times, and with no comments about changing my visa...I guess if you're a single guy coming into the country, if you start getting harassed you'll just go Thailand or somewhere else and no doubt they know this and know they have no leverage as you have no commitments here. 

I'm flying into Manila with the girl in January, I'm excited to see what happens 😎

Edited by Colsie
  • Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I am heading off the topic a wee bit but here goes.

I wonder why they do not make it easier for us long term tourists to stay on and on without all this BS.

I like many of you in this forum spend a lot of money here that supports local business, the new tyres for the cars, in my position I have a local guy come in every day to to do the gardening that supports his family, the list goes on and on so I won't bore the pants off everyone.

Are these people that blind to the realities of life? (notice I toned down the language).

• Like 3