Immigration woes, I dont want to play anymore

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

If you read further down on that web page (my red highlight) you must have a visa duration of at least one (1) year from date of application.  Since the maximum length of tourist visa is six months, it is technically not possible to get a Philippine license while on a tourist visa.  I found the same info on various sites, also a Youtube video saying the same.

Requirements

• Passport containing the following (original and photocopy)
    • Visa duration of at least one (1) year from the date of application

Thanks MJ, I see that now 👍

Nothing to do with me getting a Philippine licence I have one already.

But you got me wondering whether I could submit two six month extentions at once save travelling back and forth from immigration 😂 

Edited by Colsie

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Colsie said:

Thanks MJ, I see that now 👍

Nothing to do with me getting a Philippine licence I have one already.

But you got me wondering whether I could submit two six month extentions at once save travelling back and forth from immigration? 

I was about to move so I submitted my last 6 month extension 3 months in advance and they didn't bat an eyelid. Next time around I might ask if doing 2 at once is possible :hystery:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

Next time around I might ask if doing 2 at once is possible :hystery:

It's what we all dream of mate!

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I was about to move so I submitted my last 6 month extension 3 months in advance and they didn't bat an eyelid. 

Very much dependent upon the office that one goes to... I've been consistently told not to come earlier than one week before my extension is due.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Very much dependent upon the office that one goes to... I've been consistently told not to come earlier than one week before my extension is due.

Good to know 

• Like 2

Colsie
Posted
Posted
On 12/10/2022 at 1:16 PM, Colsie said:

When I cancelled my membership, I did it at the office's in Makati on the way to the airport as I had a flight to Thailand that afternoon. 

Perhaps this is the reason I didn't have to pay the 3,510 pesos to downgrade to tourist visa. 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Possible good news for the future fresh from Immigration: 

Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines

· 

PRESS RELEASE

MANILA, Philippines--Bureau of Immigration (BI) Commissioner Norman Tansingco led the week-long year end celebration of the agency held last December 5-9.

The celebration, with the theme 'Pasasalamat mula sa Bureau of Immigration', was an opportunity for BI employees to celebrate the achievements of the agency.

Tansingco shared that with the welcoming of the new government last July, numerous plans and projects are lined up for the improvement of the BI.

Among which are introduction of electronic transactions and payments for immigration applications. The eTravel system, a joint project of different border management agencies, was also highlighted as a major achievement of the year.

Also expected to be launched before the new year is the online visa waiver project, which will allow short term tourist to easily extend their visas online, to facilitate the rebound of Philippine tourism.

"We celebrate a new beginning for the Bureau. Despite the many issues and challenges in the past, we look forward to a better future," said Tansingco. "Anticipate. Innovate. Motivate. These are the agency's direction in the next years. Anticipate what is needed, innovate to improve our services, and motivate each other to be the best public servants. Aim high BI," he shared.

The week-long activity featured gift giving for children of BI employees, as well as janitorial and security services, and an outreach program for underprivileged families in the area.

• Like 3

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

online visa waiver project, which will allow short term tourist to easily extend their visas

"long term tourist, f u"

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Kingpin said:

"long term tourist, f u"

The devil is in the detail.  We will have to wait to see what they class as a short term tourist and how it will affect any tourist entering the country.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

led the week-long year end celebration of the agency held last December 5-9.

Hmmm, a week long celebration to launch the idea of a more efficient BI.   :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3